Ahh, the Syd Barrett has come out in me with this song. Imagine the song with an acoustic guitar, slightly upbeat, but sometimes slower beat.

Scurrying Squirrel
Copyright Kevin O.

[Song would begin with the sound of leaves shuffling with a slight wind sound]

Squirrel, squirrel
Scurrying around
Looking for nuts
Maybe you are one!

Squirrel, squirrel
Scurrying around
Looking for nuts
Maybe you are one!

Ohh squirrel
There is a woodchuck
His head is so fat
Yet he is no schmuck
You are not good at that

All that he does is
Burrow in your yard,
Come out when it's dark
Eat your tomatoes,
And your apples too
Watch for squirrel!

Squirrel, squirrel
Scurrying around
Looking for nuts
Maybe you are one!

Ohh there's a skunk
He smells like a rotten egg
Yet he's got the spunk
To go out there and peg
By being blind drunk

[Quiet speaking part]
Ohh, I just don't get it. It makes no sense.
[End speaking part]

Squirrel, squirrel
Scurrying around
Looking for nuts
Maybe you are one!

Ohh squirrel, ohh squirrel
Look at me frown
You see me in the lake
Help me for pitys sake
I realize you can't swim
But I know you can fly
So bring me to the sky
To let me ask why

Squirrel, squirrel
Scurrying around
Looking for nuts
Maybe you are one!

~~~

Since this song is weird as hell, I'll explain it. The song is about society and how, in my opinion, it's really screwed up. The people who don't normally don't deserve to 'win' always typically seem to win. I use the squirrel, skunk and woodchuck as imagery for these types of people. Whether it's getting that girl (or guy) you want, or anything, anything at all, it seems like the less-worthy person wins. Also the lines "Looking for nuts, Maybe you are one!" express that though the squirrel is looking for an answer (the nuts), I use a double meaning here, it's possible that he is actually 'the nut' and it's not the woodchuck or skunk. Maybe the skunk or woodchuck is the one who 'deserves it' in the first place. It all depends on your perspective. It's pretty much about the confusions in life we face using crazy imagery.

One other note- the story is told by me, from a third persons perspective I guess.

I think I wrote a good song here, but I can understand completely if you are like ".....what?" after reading it. And I'll understand if you guys don't like it, yell at me all you want, lol.
Quote by itrytofixtabs
Ummm yeah don't try to put so much meaning in such a stupid song.

Thanks. Like I said, the Syd Barrett came out with me in this song. >_<
um i dont think you really got what you were trying to accomplish with this.
i no it all makes sense in your head, and to anyone else after you explain it but it doesnt have any actual metaphore to someone who just reads it, which is ultimately the goal of most writing. the only thing that came across as a metaphore initially was the nut part, which i really didnt think was that clever.
so ya basically as far as i can tell its just a story about a squirell which happens to mean something else to one other person in the world (you). then again, if you were just writng for yourself and not so much for your audience (which i do myself really) then its ok, as long as your happy with it, which personally i think is more important.
anyways, i got a new one in my sig if you feel like being nice, but i dont really care that much