I have a Fender Toronado and a Marshall valvestate 8100 hybrid amp. I have 4 pedals a dunlop crybaby wah, boss ds-1 distortion, electro-harmonix big muff pi, and an electro-harmonix holy grail reverb. I want to get new pickups for the toronado and I was thinking of getting a seymour duncan SH-11 custom custom or a SH-4 JB model in the bridge and a APH-1 Alnico II Pro or a SH-PG Pearly Gates in the neck. I play alternative, progressive, punk and some bands like Coheed and Cambria, Radiohead, Blink-182, and The Doors. If you could make suggestions on these pickups or suggest new ones that would be great.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
is the toronado alder?

assuming it is, I'd steer clear of the JB. The custom custom is quite nice, but I'm not sold on the alnico II coupled with high output... it can sound a bit mushy.

what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes its alder and as for my budget I could spend at least $200.
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
^ you might want to look at some of the boutique guys, then- bareknuckle, swineshead, wolfetone, WCR, Lollar, Harmonic Design, High Order, etc. Some of those (especially the british ones and WCR) will be pretty dear.

If they're too dear, or you don't want to chance it, post again and I'll tell you what I'd go for from the mass-producers.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah what would you suggest from the mass-producers or the botique ones?
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Last edited by BurningOn65 at Jan 24, 2007,
^ duncan: not too sure about bridge (maybe a custom 5, but I haven't tried it), probably a '59 in the neck for versatility.

dimarzio: norton (haven't tried, heard good things) bridge, one of the virtual vintage ones for the neck (again, haven't tried)?

EMG: I probably wouldn't go EMG for the tones you're after.

wow, this is going well.

I've only tried swineshead and (briefly) bareknuckle, so I'll only suggest models for them- but the other boutique ones are worth a try too.

Swineshead: probably warthog bridge, runaway (dirtier) or condor neck (cleaner).

Bareknuckle: best to ask at their forum, or email them (you can google for all the links to the boutique websites).

But with all the boutique ones, you can just email them for their advice, which is what I'd recommend.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, lol, I said I'd help before I really looked at the tones you're after.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks, I'll look into those boutiques
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
^

(bear in mind I haven't tried all of even many of them, I'm just letting you know what's out there)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?