The MTM2?

Ibanez MTM2

neck type: 5pc Wizard II Maple/Walnut neck
body: Mahogany body
fret: Jumbo frets
bridge: Fixed Edge III bridge
neck pu: V7 (H) neck pu
bridge pu: V8 (H) bridge pu

I've seen this going for about £300. Do you reckon this is agood value for money guitar for someone after a fixed bridge?

Moreover, will the Edge III be much different to the Edge bridge if the thing isn't moving?
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
If you ask me, i'd say an RG321MH is much better with less $

Edge III-FX is better than the Edge III itself but there's no telling what the materials are built from (probably just the same as the Edge III)

Looks exactly the same as the RGR321EX - http://www.ibanez.co.jp/eg_page_2007.php?AREA_ID=4&PAGE_ID=605&COLOR=CL01&MODEL_NO=RGR321EX

cept for some hardwares and inlays
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ yeah, or an sz.

what type of tone are you after? does it have to be ibanez?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well i like the tone i get out of my RG350. I had looked at an RG321, but its the bridge i like on this thing over that particular model.

In all honesty, i had been looking at the MTM1 for a while. I was attracted to the FX bridge with the fine tuners, the twin humbuckers and the inverted headstock (i used a showmaster for a while and it felt so much better inverted), but there were a number of problems. I wasnt keen on the SEVEN inlay or the colour, plus it was around £1000. As cool as it was, it just was so blatant it was a signature model.

Ibanez seem to have fixed most of this. However, the active Pups are gone and the bridge may well be made out of an inferior material.

But it is only £300.

I just don't know if its worth it or whether i should just wait and see what else turns up.

The pickups arent active, they're just your average Ibanez Vs with EMG-ish covers. In terms of tuning stability, you can say that the Edge-III fx is good but you also have to face the facts that you have to reset your fine tuners, unlock the nut, clamp it again.

I on the other hand am not particular of this, if im going for fixed, i'd definitely go for a string-thru and locking tuners instead.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, i guess it is a preference thing overall. And i know its not active, but hey, that can be changed later .

Is it available in-store the states yet? because im going over there in february to New york and it might be cheaper there. Plus id like to try it out first

you gotta wait for a couple of weeks preferably. New models/NAMM products are like that usually.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I've had it for a year,
i love the feel of it.
just needs better pickups, and that's exactly what i'm doing
£300 you say?

WASHBURN X50 PRO NAAAAOOOOOOOOO
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w