Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the right forum but does anyone know any good cd's or even a site where I can download tracks that are good for soloing over? I just want to be able to practice improvising to different styles and stuff in my room along with my sterio. Thanks.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I'm pretty sure GuitarBT has A Minor Blues backing tracks and the like. Lick Libraries has a lot, but you have to pay.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Gman400
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the right forum but does anyone know any good cd's or even a site where I can download tracks that are good for soloing over? I just want to be able to practice improvising to different styles and stuff in my room along with my sterio. Thanks.

go to guitarbt.com They have backing tracks to jam to and solo over like "blues jam in A". When your in the backing tracks listing, I think there in the lessons section.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Not sure if you can download them but http://www.bluesblast.com/ has a lot of good backing tracks.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

i dont know any
i just have a friend come over, and one plays a riff over and over of a style of music and i will try to jam out to it
like say he plays a blues riff, i will try to solo to it, or he plays a distortion heavy metal riff, and i will play some thing with alot of pinch harmonics and fast. I just try to jam to the style of music my buddy is playing.
i usually just make my own little loops in guitarpro...its excellent practice
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
That would be nice, if my friends could keep a beat
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
That would be nice, if my friends could keep a beat

then find a new jam buddy

actually the team america sound track is pretty good to jam out to. Like the music its self and the instrumental part is very good, but the point of the lyrics and the way it is sung is supposed to be terriable. like the "team america f*ck yea" song has an awesome back track rhythem, it is an excellent heavy metal back track. I have jammed to it meny times, if you can tune out the lyrics. Just try to jam out to songs you like.
you can get them on ebay to real songs about $20 australian.
Their very good if you get the one with 2dvds.