Wich one do you prefer and why? I have an Epiphone Explorer Goth and a Line 6 Spider II 112 and I want a Metallica or Guns n Roses type of sound not Black/Death Metal... Wich one should I buy? I have a korg ax-100g multieffect but I'm not very satisfied with the distortions. Thanx for the help!
is this a serious question...?

think about it for a second and think about what you're asking...

"would i rather have a line 6 pedal, or a boss?"

the answer, in short: boss, dude. always boss.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Or check out the Metal Muff.
My Gear:
Shecter C-1+
Hohener Acoustic
Sound Gear sg305dx Bass
Homemade 2x12 Cabinet loaded with Eminence
Texas Heat Speakers
Epi Valve Junior Head
and as soon as it ships
from Musiciansfriend a EH Metal Muff
^^haha, yes I've always found BOSS to be better than Line6 as well.

But are you sure you want an MT-2? It would probably be too aggressive for Guns N Roses...
In fact, can you not get those sounds out of your amp?
Quote by t3hrav3n
is this a serious question...?

think about it for a second and think about what you're asking...

"would i rather have a line 6 pedal, or a boss?"

the answer, in short: boss, dude. always boss.

Dude shut the **** up. Tool.

Gah.

Out of the two. Line6 by far. The MT-2 sucks horribly. Check out the Metal Muff too.
I like the Line 6, it even has a noise gate built in. I was about to get it once, but it was too expensive.

Play them to see which one you like better.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Dude shut the **** up. Tool.

Gah.

Out of the two. Line6 by far. The MT-2 sucks horribly. Check out the Metal Muff too.

**** yeah
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I think everyone who dislikes the MT-2 should hear it played through a proper amp. All the fizz disappears and you're left with a great, balls-to-the-wall metal pedal that can do everything from thrash to death metal with ease.
I heard that Metal Muff is good but not the best for palm muted Hetfield-style playing...
Quote by panos4657
I heard that Metal Muff is good but not the best for palm muted Hetfield-style playing...

thats true unless you have an overdrive pedal as well.
Read my post. Not this.
I've heard (and heard IT) doing MOP and it was quite meaty
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
Quote by Nolly
I think everyone who dislikes the MT-2 should hear it played through a proper amp. All the fizz disappears and you're left with a great, balls-to-the-wall metal pedal that can do everything from thrash to death metal with ease.

note... "never listen to you...ever"

Putting a distortion pedal through a "proper amp"=
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I stand by what I said. But I should probably add that I use it in conjunction with the amp's own gain (with the MT-2 gain set to 9-10 oclock), and that I used to think were a turd in a metal case up until a couple of months ago when a kids I teach brought one round for me to help him get a good sound out of it.

My point was that most people I've come across that slag off the MT-2 tried it through their MG series or Bandits and have the totally wrong impression of it.

Obviously no distortion pedal is a substitute for a decent amp, but it's not like everyone can afford one of those.

If you choose not to listen to me, then frankly, I couldn't care less. But there are plenty of guys on this forum who go round giving BS advice based in little to no experience (nott aimed at you), and I can assure you I'm not one of them.
Last edited by Nolly at Jan 25, 2007,
^ I know what you mean. Its not the fact that it sounds bad (to my ears) or anything. Its a well built pedal and all.

But its the fact that BOSS intentionally aimed it at kids that are new to guitar. They knew that the heavy metal sound is the "in" thing and that 99% of all kids who pick up the guitar lately think they need absurd amounts of distortion. They also know that the BOSS name is the biggest, most recognized name in the pedal world. Its the same thing with what Marshall did with the MG series. They knew kids who had no idea about tone or gear would know the Marshall name and just go on that - so it kind of allowed them to make very sub-par gear, jack up the prices, and make it the best selling amp. Just like the MT-2 was the best selling pedal.
^I totally agree with that. Pretty much every crap metal guitarist I've come across owns one! And yeah, it pisses me off that the big brands can make crap products and charge more for them.

But at the same time, to tell people that the MT-2 is a bad pedal would simply not be true... and it's not like Line6 aren't also guilty of preying on the inexperienced...
Quote by Nolly
I stand by what I said. But I should probably add that I use it in conjunction with the amp's own gain (with the MT-2 gain set to 9-10 oclock), and that I used to think were a turd in a metal case up until a couple of months ago when a kids I teach brought one round for me to help him get a good sound out of it.

My point was that most people I've come across that slag off the MT-2 tried it through their MG series or Bandits and have the totally wrong impression of it.

Obviously no distortion pedal is a substitute for a decent amp, but it's not like everyone can afford one of those.

If you choose not to listen to me, then frankly, I couldn't care less. But there are plenty of guys on this forum who go round giving BS advice based in little to no experience (nott aimed at you), and I can assure you I'm not one of them.

Yeah.. You shouldve mentioned that you were boosting w/it. I know several people who do that. Doesnt sound too great IMO. But now your speech makes more sense.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
i played both beside each other at guitarcenter through a Fender Delux at a lower volume. They both sounded really good through that amp, i'd pick the Line 6 over the Boss, but they'll both sound like s*** through a line 6 amp, just live with the distortion you have now and save up for a tube combo
I prefer the line 6 by far. Way more versatile range of sounds. And I'd even go as far to say as its most probs the strurdier of the 2. For a studio setting I'd always swing towards Line 6's direction over boss.
Quote by joining_heads
Yeah.. You shouldve mentioned that you were boosting w/it. I know several people who do that. Doesnt sound too great IMO. But now your speech makes more sense.

Glad we see eye to eye
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ I know what you mean. Its not the fact that it sounds bad (to my ears) or anything. Its a well built pedal and all.

But its the fact that BOSS intentionally aimed it at kids that are new to guitar. They knew that the heavy metal sound is the "in" thing and that 99% of all kids who pick up the guitar lately think they need absurd amounts of distortion. They also know that the BOSS name is the biggest, most recognized name in the pedal world. Its the same thing with what Marshall did with the MG series. They knew kids who had no idea about tone or gear would know the Marshall name and just go on that - so it kind of allowed them to make very sub-par gear, jack up the prices, and make it the best selling amp. Just like the MT-2 was the best selling pedal.

but at the same time, the MT-2 is a great pedal for beginner guitar players. its not THAT bad. its pretty cheap, and gives a decent enough tone for a beginner. sure it blows compared to a half stack, but thats hardly a fair comparison.
Read my post. Not this.
neither.. i always hated line 6 coz of its reliability. and you wont get any good tone out of the mt-2. i say tech 21 sansamp gt-2
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Both pedals ain't much to be desired. I used to defend the MT-2 till i started recording with my Boss digital recorder. It sounds awful ! The distortion sounds like a bee flying round your ears disguising the notes trying to ring out of it. It loses low end when recording and sounds dreadful and cheap. The Line 6 is even worse. The only decent pedals they make are the modeller pedals (DM4, MM4, FM4 etc.). I would avoid both like the plague and look to put the money towards a tube amp. I've learned the hard way from making compulsive purchases. Now i want rid of these pedals I got to get a tube amp. If you need any pointers as to why avoid this, go to guitargeek.com and look to see how many top guitarists use a Boss MT-2 or a Line 6 Ubermetal. Get a better amp instead! A distortion pedal wont sound any better than the onboard in your amp.
Quote by scott316
The Line 6 is even worse. The only decent pedals they make are the modeller pedals (DM4, MM4, FM4 etc.).

dm4 is also bad. i owned it. thats why i hate line6..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I have a Spider II (ordered a 6505, just have to wait), and I can get a tone pretty close to Metallica without pedals.

Out of the two, look at the MT-2.
The metal muff is a great pedal, im not sure if it will do the heavy thud kinda palm-muting thing, I didnt try it when had a short try, but it was non-the-less a great pedal.

EDIT: If you where/are willing to splash out, get a Jekyll and Hyde, that can get most sounds out of it, and overall is a great sounding pedal
Last edited by Hakanku at Jan 26, 2007,
Quote by mothership
dm4 is also bad. i owned it. thats why i hate line6..

"I hated the MG I played at GC for about a full 10 seconds...all Marshall amps suck..."