today i was buying some picks, and i had about three dollars.
so...i decided to venture from my precious dunlop gator 1.5mm's and i saw some jazz picks. their odd shape intrigued me. i purchased them from the bitter, ginger haired clerk.

when i returned home, i tested them out.
THEY ****ING RULE!
who else finds that jazz picks work very well for a lot of other things than jazz? especially lead?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Jan 24, 2007,
well, i was playing a bunch of sabbath (sabbath is my warm ups) then i started playing some rock and sludge and some riffs i wrote.
it wasnt too good for playing punk, but thats what other picks are for.
i think they may have increased my soloing ability!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Holy Katana
Are they Dunlop Jazz IIIs? Because those things are all I can use now. Great picks.

yes, those are sweet ones. i also tend to lose them less for some reason than my other picks
Quote by danzig-_-
well, i was playing a bunch of sabbath (sabbath is my warm ups) then i started playing some rock and sludge and some riffs i wrote.
it wasnt too good for playing punk, but thats what other picks are for.
i think they may have increased my soloing ability!

Yeah, my chops have gotten so much better after I started using Jazz IIIs. They're small and pointy, so they force you to pick more cleanly.
i actually have no idea if they are dunlop jazz III
they dont say dunlop or jazz on them anywhere
EDIT: i just checked out jimdunlop.com and it turns out they are Dunlop Jazztone 206's.
the weird oval ones...they didnt have any 205's or 208's, those appeal to me more, but i wonder how they play.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Jan 24, 2007,
yeah dude, jazz picks are the shit! i use the dunlop tortex jazz pics, 1.14mm, the purple ones and love them. i play everything with them, even acoustic
whoa shit, i just tried shredding with them.
amazing, even when unplugged
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I hate strumming with Jazz picks. But they do own for lead.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Jazz III are teh awesomeness
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Jazz III's are all I use for metal, rock, acoustic, anything!

I can't use anything else, they are so accurate.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
i only use jazz iiis. id like to try to xl version but i still like the small picks. i use it for lots of styles.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I can't use anything but Jazz III's now.. well I can, but the jazzy's are so much better...
we should start a Jazz Pick User club..

+

all the other guitarists are like "wtf, i want a real pick" when I whip mine out in guitar playing circles...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I love these picks! I agree with the person that said it forces you to pick more cleanly. When I sweep it doesn't even feel like im gliding my pick across the strings, they cut through so cleanly.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Yep, awesome picks! Other picks just feel so big after using them for so long though, they're all I use now so it's not such a big deal.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I dont know what kind of jazz picks they were but I played my housemates one and i found it too hard to hold in my pudgy fingers, my fingers are like a bunch of bananas
Quote by suicideangel_2
I dont know what kind of jazz picks they were but I played my housemates one and i found it too hard to hold in my pudgy fingers, my fingers are like a bunch of bananas

Thats the only reason not to use them.. thats valid.
A few guitarists at my school used to use them before puberty, and i guess their hands grew out of them, and they try to use them, but it makes them all clumsy now..
kinda sad, but true...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I use Clayton Black Jazz 1.90mm picks pretty much exclusively -- not what you're talking about but a jazz pick nonetheless. They're ridiculously awesome because they have almost no attack. I love them.

I've never used a Jazz III though.
I use pretty much nothing but the pointy black jazz IIIs.. but they do make larger versions for you people with meat paws.
I'm in love with Jazz III for just about any music. Especially good for palm muted rhythm and lead with some artificial harmonics. Plus, much unlike the regular Dunlops I used before, they seem to last forever, can hardly tell any wearing on the first Jazz III pick I bought like six months ago.