So i have a Fishman passive soundhole pickup for my Yamaha FG750s which I run through a Vox Valvetronix 15 watt amp. The sound I get through the amp while on distortion mode actually sounded better than the MIM Fender fat strat I had.

To take this a step further, I just won a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal off of Ebay and I'm going to see how that impacts the acoustic distortion setup I currently have. I'll report what I find!

Reason is, I think it'd be cool to be able to turn on the distortion while playing an acoustic song. I've always loved going from soft to distorted within a song.

Constructive criticisms are welcome!
watch for feedback but other than that godspeed!
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
So i FINALLy received my Boss DS-1 in the mail :-) And I consider it an overall improvement on my sound.

- The switching from acoustic to distortion is great. You can get a lot of different kinds of distortion by playing with the knobs.

- If you turn up the "Tone" on the pedal (And distortion all the way down), the sound you get from the guitar is much more clean. Meaning you can clearly hear each string that is being picked. Imagine having your amp played under a blanket. Its kinda muffled right? But the increased tone from the boss pedal removes this blanket sound.

- HUGE increase in volume with the pedal.

Overall, I'm very happy with this experiment. It makes my $40 Fishman Neo-D sound a lot better :-)

I'm not really sure how I can get a good recording of the differences though. All I really have is a webcam with a built-in mic. I'd rather use audio though.. any ideas?
I got that pedal and it is prolly the best pedal i will ever have. i could plug in my distortion into my aoustic and record it for ya.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
What do you use to record?

Also, I think I'm going to experiment with Boss's Noise Suppressor

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-NS2-Noise-Suppressor-Pedal?sku=151331

Think it could silence the huge feedback generated from acoustics that're plugged into amps? I hope it does.. along with getting pure tone when playing with the DS-1.
The DS-1 rocks and is cheap. You might want to get an electric though if you are going to play gigs and such because (no offense) you (and anyone else) would probably look pretty gay on stage jumping around while playing say Master Of Puppets with an acoustic guitar.
I use my acoustic f-cut thin body thru a micro cube, da prob is that its not loud enough fr me to differentiate the sound.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.