Page 1 of 2
Well, I've decided to leave my aromatic and stressful job at Best Buy. Now I'm looking into being a Lifeguard. I've been swimming since I was 4, so I'm just curious as to what the... requirements are?
big boobs and slow motion beach running.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
you have to have all your swimming lesson things and then wait untill your 16 (in canada) and take a swimming course for lifeguards.
I know over here in Australia, you have to complete this course which is during high school. You have to reach the top level and then in Yr 11 you teach the lower grades how to swim. So it is a cycle. People are learning to be life savers and such, and the others to swim. You get a certificate for completing it.

Thats how I think it goes. I probably misheard someone as usual. I don't know what happens if you don't do that course.
Quote by Aceroth

+99999 and a plateful of cookies.
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
I live in B.C. and you have to take a crapload of courses to become a lifeguard here. I did a course that was 8 hours a day, for 7 days straight... and it was only the "first step" I guess. I'm not sure what the exact requirments are, but I know you need your bronze cross, bronze medallion, first aid, NLS, CPR (level depends on where you apply), red cross... stuff like that.
I taught Swimming in Phys Ed 20, when every student had to pick something to teach to everyone else.
Quote by Zuka
Well, I've decided to leave my aromatic and stressful job at Best Buy. Now I'm looking into being a Lifeguard. I've been swimming since I was 4, so I'm just curious as to what the... requirements are?

swim very well

know CPR

basically, ( in the uk) you just need a certificate that says you can do both of those things
you need to know first aid and cpr...
i'm certified in those...

i just don't know how to swim
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Uh... I know I took CPR after completing swimming lessons. I seem to have lost the cheap 5 cent paper certificate they gave me though.

I've been swimming for almost as long as playing piano, and a lil' less than guitar.
Magic numbers are 10, 11, 7.8
In Canada you have to get all your swimming levels, which involve proper technique of breaststroke, back crawl, front crawl, and I believe elementary backstroke. Then you have to have standard first aid, Bronze Med and Bronze Cross, then your NLS. In Ottawa you also have to have your instructors. I believe there's two courses before standard first aid, though I'm not sure if they're required before you take it. There's also three types of NLS, with one you can lifeguard at pools, one at waterfronts, and the other one I'm not quite sure what it is. It's a fairly long and tedious task, but the pay should be worth it.

You have to pay to get into the courses as well, I think.

Have fun
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by *Juno*
bare in mind

you will be sat starting at water for hours on end

BUT

there could be some hot girls in tight swim suits

Well to be a lifeguard you need to get lifeguard classes. It will take quite a while before you become one, you need to take a lot of classes and pass a lot of tests. I started taking lifeguard classes at around 12 years old and when I was 15 I had only got 2 of the cards I need (reanimation and some other one I don't remember) and I had passed the bronze star and medal tests but there was only 2 of us left in the class so we both quit because it was boring. I had only one class left to do to become a lifeguard and be able to teach swimming, but the class cost almost 200$ and it was three 8 hour long classes. Three saturdays in a row starting at 6 am and my parents really needed money at the time because my dad lost his job because they shut down where he used to work and it took 2 years for him to find a new job he sent like 200 applications in all. It was cool, you need a lot of old clothes because of the fake blood. It was so long ago, I don't remember anything of what I done and in time I think some of the techniques changed because during my classes a couple of techniques had changed during the years. You also need to redo tests every 4 years to renew your cards.

Like you I was swimming since the age of 4, I was even the jumping off the diving board with ease at that age and was never scared of it, hell they even failed me because I was too young to go to the other one.
Lifeguard's the most monotonous, shitey job I've ever had. And I've worked at Pathmark

There's never any action because no one takes any chances. I never saved a life the whole summer. You should work at a beach or lake or something, but NEVER at a pool
Quote by Aceroth

+1

Thighs so strong they can crush a walnut is preffered as well
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Siftings
Lifeguard's the most monotonous, shitey job I've ever had. And I've worked at Pathmark

There's never any action because no one takes any chances. I never saved a life the whole summer. You should work at a beach or lake or something, but NEVER at a pool

true

girls dig the lifeguards at beaches.......
Quote by Siftings

You've obviously never taken CPR lessons.
Quote by *Juno*
You may be some hot female life guard ass that they see day in, day out..

water + t shirts.............do teh mathz1!!!!111

Fixed. I couldn't let you suffer ignorance any longer.
Quote by Zuka

so wait, ( im a bit druink atm and its takes me a few seconds to think this through)

your a girl?

if so me>me

pwnt
Quote by Zuka

You can't quote and change it, this isn't that game thread you know
Quote by Kensai
You can't quote and change it, this isn't that game thread you know

What're you just throwing the past in my face?!
Quote by *Juno*
so wait, ( im a bit druink atm and its takes me a few seconds to think this through)

your a girl?

if so me>me

pwnt

Ohhhhh.
Quote by Zuka
What're you just throwing the past in my face?!

That's not the only thing I can throw in your face

Quote by *Juno*

Bastard
Quote by Zuka
You've obviously never taken CPR lessons.

of course I have

all that preparation for what? sitting in a chair and watching little kids splash around. most exciting thing to happen was when someone threw up

Edit: I mean it was probably a good thing nothing happened, still
Quote by Kensai
That's not the only thing I can throw in your face

Ohoho, sexual.
If you want to be a life guard PAY ATTENTION TO THE SWIMMERS, I almost drowned twice, once when I was six, before I knew how to swim, once when a kid held me under cause he thought I was someone else, I sucked in a lot of water the ****ing dipshit life guards never even asked me if I was okay while I was coughing up water, bastards.
meh i shud stop spamming

i herd zuka doesnt want to be a lifeguard at all...she just wants some sympathy and tips on how to swim

Legitimate post certification: have you considered whether the pay is good or not ?what hours you may have to work? etc
I maintain that Zuka is in fact a 42 year old fat guy
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
you haver to run a mile. in a certain amount of minutes,,depending on gender, swim for certain time, and u have to have a medical expireince class i think
Page 1 of 2