there was a bassist from metallica that died how did he die thanx for any help oh and whens their new rumored album due out
Last edited by amass13 at Jan 24, 2007,
Their tour bus crashed and it fell on top of him. ACtually, He and Kirk Hammet drew straws to see who would sleep in top bunk. If Hammett would have gotten that bnk, Hammet would be dead and Burton still alive.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Go to the only Metallica thread. But yes. Cliff Burton was the 2nd bassist (Ron doesnt count, he was in for like 2 shows) and what Plus_The_Bear said is correct.
Quote by Plus_the_Bear
Their tour bus crashed and it fell on top of him. ACtually, He and Kirk Hammet drew straws to see who would sleep in top bunk. If Hammett would have gotten that bnk, Hammet would be dead and Burton still alive.

is the straw thing true or is he just being a smarta**
I dont wish Hammett were dead, I wish Burton hadn't died. But yes, Burton had a ot more talent than Kirk ever had/will ever have.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Quote by amass13
is the straw thing true or is he just being a smarta**

Truer than Fenriz's underpants.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
straws? i thought it was a card game...oh well.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
they didnt draw straws they drew cards and who ever got the highest card got top bunk and cliff won with the ace of spades. when the bus flipped he fell out of the window and the bus landed on him.
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
I wish Mustaine would come back and Cliff would come back from the dead and knock some Fuc.kin sense into James and Lars and then we'd have another Kill Em' All
Last edited by fattypumbaa at Jan 24, 2007,
It was actually cards they drew (highest card wins top bunk), and Cliff drew the ace of spades.... An omen of death. Completely tragic..... the writing talent of Metallica practically died with him.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
If Mustaine hadn't left Metallica, we would have Metallica and no Megadeth. And since I think Megadeth>Metallica, I am glad for that.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
they drew cards, burton got the ace of spades, they hit black ice and flipped in a ditch. burton fell out his window and the bus landed on him, with his feet sticking out like the witch in the wizard of oz, when they got a wrecker to pick up the bus it fell on him again. it was later found out that the driver was insanely drunk, and now it is a law that tourbuses have to have shatter proof windows or boards over windows where people bunk. and it was in sweden in sptember 86 if you care
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
The cards thing was posted 4 times now...stop.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Quote by Americanhoser
It was actually cards they drew (highest card wins top bunk), and Cliff drew the ace of spades.... An omen of death. Completely tragic..... the writing talent of Metallica practically died with him.

Me too, Dave should have took Cliff with him when he left
Quote by Plus_the_Bear
The cards thing was posted 4 times now...stop.

It was a straw, hence the song "The Shortest Straw".
I think bo and greety were right, all the crap threads are always at the top.
I've found Jesus
think about it they basically drew cards for survival, bummer. Their old stuff is best so its best that the bassist didnt die.
Quote by StuartR
Me too, Dave should have took Cliff with him when he left

that would have been awesome. then metallica should have put les claypool in instead of newstead.
His name wuz Clint Buncton, and he was a good base playa, but not as good as Pauly from Trivium.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
The Metallica thread for A Metallica Question even one that such as this that is fixed by a quick google search is a good idea.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything