soo yeah i got a new jackson, got it set up super low action but now i need to adjust pickup height, i did it myself but it sounds pretty bassy as in the bridge sounds neck-ish, how many millimeters from the string on the low an high e should the strings be, its a seymour duncan jb jazz combo btw if that matters thanks
HI CORI!!!! we never talk!!!!!! where have you been!!!!

id say about 4-6mm.
maybe a little higher on the thinner strings for more bite.
i may be off a bit, i dont have any rulers!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Jan 24, 2007,
Put your amp settings on clean and adjust from there. There's absolutely NO standard measurement for pickup height, you adjust it according to your own ear and preference.

If you're too noob to adjust it, then fret the last fret, the height should default as 2mm on the bass side and 1.5mm on the treble.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i liked how it sounded when i got it so i dont mind default, infact thats what i wanted..
Quote by HxCori<3
soo yeah i got a new jackson, got it set up super low action but now i need to adjust pickup height, i did it myself but it sounds pretty bassy as in the bridge sounds neck-ish, how many millimeters from the string on the low an high e should the strings be, its a seymour duncan jb jazz combo btw if that matters thanks

hello cori, i hope you feel better [ =

On Topic: If its bassy it might be too close to the pickups, try moving them away I guess. Is the volume higher than it was when you first bought it?
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP