Well, I was reading the Guitar World article about Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstein guitar and it sounded to me like he just threw pieces of shit together and got what he wanted. It inspired me to take my piece of shit Silvertone electric and "frankenstein" it myself.

First off, it was originally an SG copy. Red, put I did splatter jobs and stickers all over it. Just today I traded my best friend my neck for a Strat-copy neck. No logo or anything (im thinking of putting a Gibson one though just to piss everyone off). Im probably gonna redo the wiring job on it completely. I really want to put a Gibson Tony Iommi signature pickup in the bridge position. But I have a few questions...

1. What would be a good pickup for a neck position that can coil-tap into a single coil? I want something with the richest cleans I can possibly get going through a Vox Valvetronix.

2. How dangerous would it be (or even possible) to put a strat-like tremelo system into it? What do I need to do?

3. Can I install a killswitch into it but make the switch a light switch? Like you know, a house wall switch to turn a light on and off. I know it sounds stupid but my friend brought it up and he knows about guitars and i just want to make sure its possible before I start tinkering with it.

Obviously, Ive never really done much work on guitars but I assume I can put stuff together and everything. I just need to know from UG the stuff I dont feel to sure about.

Thanks in advance!
-Slinky
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
Just today I traded my best friend my neck for a Strat-copy neck. No logo or anything (im thinking of putting a Gibson one though just to piss everyone off).

a strat copy neck wont fit on a sg their 2 different scale lengths
You may get more help in the building and customizing thread

EDIT: And, correct me if I'm wrong, all Gibson necks are set not bolt on. So you wouldn't be able to do that.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Last edited by dustinrhocks4 at Jan 24, 2007,
I think It'll fit...I matched it up and it looks like the only thing ill have to do is make the action higher

But yeah, Ill repost it under Customizing.
Unless the strat copy didnt copy the 25.5 inch scale, but i dont see why that would matter at all. You can put a light switch, put it behind the volume pot or right before the hot wire going to your output jack.
1. What would be a good pickup for a neck position that can coil-tap into a single coil? I want something with the richest cleans I can possibly get going through a Vox Valvetronix.
-Seymour Duncan Jazz Model

2. How dangerous would it be (or even possible) to put a strat-like tremelo system into it? What do I need to do?
-it probably wouldnt fit, check out the maestro trems, theyre designed for SGs i think. well, ive seen them on many SGs. they even come standard on some i think.

3. Can I install a killswitch into it but make the switch a light switch? Like you know, a house wall switch to turn a light on and off. I know it sounds stupid but my friend brought it up and he knows about guitars and i just want to make sure its possible before I start tinkering with it.
-I suppose...
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Strat copy into a SG Copy might work. They have funky measurments out there. If all fails, go to the warmoth website. they're pretty cheap and have good quality stuff. And the light switch could work. If you know how to use it.