Page 1 of 2
i constantly get called an emo kid at my school even though i am not emo
i listen to metal and some other non metal stuff, but nothing emo
the kids at my school think anyone who doesnt listen to rap is emo

an example: my sister told me that i listen to screamo music, and she said metallica was screamo (i dont ever even listen to metallica)

i denied

later i had amon amarth on my computer and she said "see you do listen to screamo"
i proceeded to tard out

also this happens to one of my friends at school also whos favorite band is necrophagist and i am starting to get cheesed off

i listen to one screamo band, lamb of god, a guilty pleasure

does this happen to anyone else
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Get used to it, when the kids at my school couldn't tell the difference between Screamo and Black Metal so now everyone thinks I'm one of those hXc fags.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
lol no...well, not anymore I should say...cause I punched a kid in the face the last time he called me emo...seriously, the kid called me emo cause I was listening to a bit of immortal on youtube. Yes I have slight anger issue's...but he had it comin.
Whoa... I just realized that Screamo is sort of like the "Glam Metal" of the generation...

Anyone else thought about that?

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by headbanger408
Whoa... I just realized that Screamo is sort of like the "Glam Metal" of the generation...

not really
tight pants is all they have in common

glam rock actually has good leads
Quote by Bmm386

I go to sort of a small school and everyone thinks I am the most evil person that they've ever seen for some reason. It's like a see of striped shirts and I'm the only one in black Oh well, I guess it's better being called a "goth" then emo although I'm neither. I don't wear those gaytarded huge pants that goths wear or a bunch of chains on my pants. I don't have an emo haircut either. I don't get messed with though since people are afraid of me and I'm always in the weight room and I play football. But whatever, people are just ignorant.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Who cares. People in general suck. Scene kids are ****tards and will label anything they don't like as screamo or death metal when its clearly not. So I'll give you the advice I give everyone. People suck. Deal with it.
Quote by antoniobanderas
i constantly get called an emo kid at my school even though i am not emo
i listen to metal and some other non metal stuff, but nothing emo
the kids at my school think anyone who doesnt listen to rap is emo

an example: my sister told me that i listen to screamo music, and she said metallica was screamo (i dont ever even listen to metallica)

i denied

later i had amon amarth on my computer and she said "see you do listen to screamo"
i proceeded to tard out

also this happens to one of my friends at school also whos favorite band is necrophagist and i am starting to get cheesed off

does this happen to anyone else

a.) why do you care what people think...if they cant tell the difference between metal and emo the you > them

b.) since when was LoG screamo i thought they were metalcore?
I go to a Private Christian School and don't fit in at all, but I don't care because it's better than being like those dumbshit ignorant preppies.

Quote by MusicMan00
Don't let some dumbfucks get to you. If you know you're not emo why do you care about it?
I've found Jesus
im probally the most nuetral dressing person ever, but everyone that hears it goes "ugh slit my wrist music" my responce usually is "its more about killing other people"
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by Contraband
Don't let some dumbfucks get to you. If you know you're not emo why do you care about it?

+1

Quote by MusicMan00
i always get called emo... just because i listne to hardcore and metalcore.. whcih do have screaming.,......

by the kid who is a vegetarian, bi, emo, gay, where a lip ring, has a big emo fringe, dies his hair, likes the most scene girl at school, and where's an AFI shirt while saying this
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
im probally the most nuetral dressing person ever, but everyone that hears it goes "ugh slit my wrist music" my responce usually is "its more about killing other people"

My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
pics? if not i'll just assume that you look an emo. most metal kids dont call another metalhead emo unless he looks like one.
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
no if some said that to me i would probly hit them....in the face

CuZ tEH vIOl3nCE s0LVes evERYtHiNG!!!!

Explain to them the difference between screamo and metal. Tell them the history behind it and if they dont understand then you have the upperhand due to your higher level of intelligence.
I don't even bother with people like that. If it's someone that really pisses me off, I'll explain to them the difference in the music, but that usually just gets me a bunch of blank stares.

People are stupid.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by metal Lover
pics? if not i'll just assume that you look an emo. most metal kids dont call another metalhead emo unless he looks like one.

thats my myspace
im too lazy to upload pics

myspace.com/antonio7777
Quote by Bmm386

Quote by Contraband
Myspace is kind of emo, but you're not emo...so....

nice
Quote by Bmm386

I'm just curious why you need the opinions of people online to tell you if you're emo or not? Look at a real emo and ask yourself if you look anything like that.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I'm just curious why you need the opinions of people online to tell you if you're emo or not? Look at a real emo and ask yourself if you look anything like that.

i was just saying
Quote by Bmm386

I don't really dress 'metal' at all, so I don't get called shit...
I only ever really wear a band tee.
Quote by headbanger408

Except Glam Metal was 100 times better! No but I can tell who's emo at my school, and for the kids that listen to metal who would be mistaken as emo I call them mallcore kids. (they piss me off because one time I was walking by in the hallway and this one kid was growling...)
Quote by antoniobanderas

ha. LoG isn't screamo. it might be more along the lines of metalcore?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Lol @ anthony getting pwned on the lamb of god issue.

I think he just meant their singer likes wangs.

But yes, I get called emo a lot rofl. Since when do you get called emo anthony? My sisters retarded friends accuse me of being emo for liking maiden
Quote by garden of grey
Lol @ anthony getting pwned on the lamb of god issue.

I think he just meant their singer likes wangs.

But yes, I get called emo a lot rofl. Since when do you get called emo anthony? My sisters retarded friends accuse me of being emo for liking maiden

always at school dude

people call you emo too and you dont even go to my school!

like matt morton
hes a di ck
Quote by Bmm386

Maybe metal people are called emo because it is sad that they are made of metal and thus cannot move.
I've found Jesus
plano is an all american city
Quote by Bmm386

my school doesnt really have to much range of kids

its like, the four or five gothic kids, the emo kids, and then the preppy kids.

i hangout with all preppy kids and ive got a few of them to like some metal and one of them even likes necrophagist now
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
I honestly had some kid tell me (seriously) that after I played Duality by Slipknot and Sacrifice UNto Sebek by Nile, that Slipknot was heavier.

I don't trouble myselfwith noobs.
I don't think I've ever been called emo. If anyone did think of me like that, they sure are a complete idiot and need to differentiate better between subcultures.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Meh, I get called emo occasionly, even tho my hair is halfway down my back. Doesnt phase me in the slightest, it's usually just ethnics and guys looking for a fight.

The best part is I recently started Uni. Now I just look at em when they drive past the uni in their hotted up cars and laugh - hope your McDonald's salary can pay for your car when your daddy's gone and your still working drive thru when you're 40, dipshit.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
Meh, I get called emo occasionly, even tho my hair is halfway down my back. Doesnt phase me in the slightest, it's usually just ethnics and guys looking for a fight.

The best part is I recently started Uni. Now I just look at em when they drive past the uni in their hotted up cars and laugh - hope your McDonald's salary can pay for your car when your daddy's gone and your still working drive thru when you're 40, dipshit.

Someone really is a total noob if they think anyone with mid-back length hair is emo.
Quote by AzureNight
Someone really is a total noob if they think anyone with mid-back length hair is emo.

nah i think it's more about the black t shirts/jeans
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
nah i think it's more about the black t shirts/jeans

The standard metalhead outfit.
Page 1 of 2