Well, I was reading the Guitar World article about Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstein guitar and it sounded to me like he just threw pieces of shit together and got what he wanted. It inspired me to take my piece of shit Silvertone electric and "frankenstein" it myself.

First off, it was originally an SG copy. Red, put I did splatter jobs and stickers all over it. Just today I traded my best friend my neck for a Strat-copy neck. No logo or anything (im thinking of putting a Gibson one though just to piss everyone off). Im probably gonna redo the wiring job on it completely. I really want to put a Gibson Tony Iommi signature pickup in the bridge position. But I have a few questions...

1. What would be a good pickup for a neck position that can coil-tap into a single coil? I want something with the richest cleans I can possibly get going through a Vox Valvetronix.

2. How dangerous would it be (or even possible) to put a strat-like tremelo system into it? What do I need to do?

3. Can I install a killswitch into it but make the switch a light switch? Like you know, a house wall switch to turn a light on and off. I know it sounds stupid but my friend brought it up and he knows about guitars and i just want to make sure its possible before I start tinkering with it.

Obviously, Ive never really done much work on guitars but I assume I can put stuff together and everything. I just need to know from UG the stuff I dont feel to sure about.

Thanks in advance!
-Slinky
um...chances are the neck is the wrongs scale lenght... you should check it ou. measure form the 12th fret to the nut on both necks, if there nto the same, your ****ed

um... idk

2- na...not enough wood- look into a bigsby maybe?
3- hmmm... im not quite shure- theoretically yes, but idk
C'mon TONGUE! Only five ducks?!!! T'whats wrong with you?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
i think you should look into a bigsby
and that light switch idea is the coolest thing ive ever heard of
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by Generalpwnt
C'mon TONGUE! Only five ducks?!!! T'whats wrong with you?

its 7 now, and i shot a banded goose on sunday- SO CHILL!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/cbofwilton but if ya want to see the pics...btw- the 5 was in ONE day

and teh scale lenght determines if the guitar is gonna sound in tune or not. w/o the proper scale lenght, its gonna sound like SHIT!!!!
C'mon! Only 7!!! Ducks must not like California very much. Kudos on the goose though.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
For the light switch, Those switches are really ****ing big. You'd have to have a pickguard to mount it on, and do a ass load of routing.

Well, that is every light switch I've ever seen.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
look into stetsbar. also i believe kahler has a flatmount system.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
So Im really wondering....why does it matter the scale lengths?

scale length might change the intonation of each fret...
u know... longer from nut to bridge, which means teh frets are messed up i guess...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Generalpwnt
C'mon! Only 7!!! Ducks must not like California very much. Kudos on the goose though.

yea...were havin weird weather this year. its bin really dry*4.5 instead of last years 14, and the average 8.5*, and its bin really cold. the ducks only started coming down last weekend.

and yes... ^ to the guy above me, it will mess the frets distance up.
Ok, I understand.

Now, what can I do to make it work? I really want this neck on this guitar. Can I just drill holes for a new place for the bridge so the scale lenth will match up?
Last edited by SlinkyMcdougall at Jan 25, 2007,
Yes, you could.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club