So my decision may be made, and the Revolution could be my saviour.

Opinions?

I play losta metal and some small clean stuff, but from sound clips soudns awesome, plus I get to try it before I buy it.
I havnt heard much good about Krank amps to tell you the truth, check out reviews on harmony central and see what most people are saying. Keep your options open though. I was stuck on a Framus Cobra for awhile, but I ended up getting the JSX and I dont regret it. Check out these following amps if you're looking for a metal tube amp: Engl Powerball, Framus Cobra, Peavey JSX or 6505, Genz Benz El Diablo, Mesa Mark IV, Rivera Knucklehead.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
well they are high wuality, but they have a very distinct sound which may or may not be what youre looking for, and in that price range you have several other options as well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Many people trash the Kranks, but I have played the Revolution head several times, and I dont think it sounds bad... IMO!

I have A/B tested the Krank Rev and Mesa dual Rect. back to back both through Mesa cabs with the same guitars.

The Krank has a bit more "snap" to it than the recto. (sluggish rectifier's)
The Recto had smoother distortion especially for solos. the kranks was a bit harsh.
The Krank sounds great chugging palm mutes - it it probably its best suit.

Overall, the Krank Rev is not a bad sounding amp at all, for around $1000, but since they cost $1600 its not the best deal. If you are into Metal and can find a used one, it might work out for you.

Personally, I am going with the Mesa, but thats just my opinion.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
To the TS. I hope you didn't make your decision on the ads and the website without ever trying one. Many people, including myself, are not very impressed with them. Krank is good at marketing, ill give them that.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I wouldnt get the Krank, I had one at one point, and I just thought it wasnt versatile enough.yea, alot of gain, but for the price you can get something better
Also alot of people wnat thembecause Dimebag used them. Wait he didn't. He just had empty heads and then had Randall's offstage.

Alot of other artists that "uses" Kranks actully just have an empty head and then theur real amp offstage.

Also Kranks have horrible cleans. Id check out another amp instead, such as the Recto!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Kranks have a distict you either like it or you dont, think of marshall with more Mid and gain, and a great example of this amp would be Shadows Fall. But imo they seem over priced and theirs way better out their!
Quote by Gabel
Also alot of people wnat thembecause Dimebag used them. Wait he didn't. He just had empty heads and then had Randall's offstage.

Alot of other artists that "uses" Kranks actully just have an empty head and then theur real amp offstage.

Also Kranks have horrible cleans. Id check out another amp instead, such as the Recto!

+1 on the recto. Mark series amps are very good too.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Unless you play breakdowns non stop, I wouldn't get a Krank.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by Tensorspencer
I havnt heard much good about Krank amps to tell you the truth, check out reviews on harmony central and see what most people are saying. Keep your options open though. I was stuck on a Framus Cobra for awhile, but I ended up getting the JSX and I dont regret it. Check out these following amps if you're looking for a metal tube amp: Engl Powerball, Framus Cobra, Peavey JSX or 6505, Genz Benz El Diablo, Mesa Mark IV, Rivera Knucklehead.

+1

if you only want extremely clean and super-high gain metal, you might get away with the krank. You better not want anything in-between though. Even still, I say something more versatile like an Engl does the high gain thing better than krank, but that's my opinion.

Quote by Danno13
I hate Krank. Bad ethics, mediocre amps.

+1

I wouldn't say they're terrible, but they cost about twice (EDIT: 4 times in the UK) what they should. Plus the ethics thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
found on guitar geek a good thread on them

Guitar geek

Looking at this, and the companys rep with their shady buisness practises and poor amp design and everything I wouldnt touch them. There supposed to be some biggies for problems with the amp design. Bands having them break down on them and stuff. There are plenty of companies out their that'll give u a better sounding, more reliable and cheaper amp. Also I find it amazingly stupid for krank to call the revolution a "Mesa/vht/bogner/diezel killer"
Last edited by Def at Jan 25, 2007,
ive talked to many bands that are indorsed by krank and have seen there set ups and they all say that they are very pleased with the tones they can get. ive yet to see a band use an empty head though. my local stores dont let you turn the volume up enough to tell wether i like it or not but i would probaly go with an engl or bogner if i were you.
Quote by Def
found on guitar geek a good thread on them

Guitar geek

Looking at this, and the companys rep with their shady buisness practises and poor amp design and everything I wouldnt touch them. There supposed to be some biggies for problems with the amp design. Bands having them break down on them and stuff. There are plenty of companies out their that'll give u a better sounding, more reliable and cheaper amp. Also I find it amazingly stupid for krank to call the revolution a "Mesa/vht/bogner/diezel killer"

heh, I haven't tried bogner, but I'd take any of those other 3 over krank without even a moment's hesitation- and I'm not even all that fond of mesa. But at least mesa are good amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look at whatever review sites you can, I have never even touched one, Look at musicians friend or harmony central for some reviews.
Quote by Gabel
He just had empty heads and then had Randall's offstage.

Thats the first time I've heard you lie gabe ...
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by StuC

... It's true. Many artists that endorse Krank are payed to smile in a few pictures with one and have it on stage, but they either have another amp offstage or have the head gutted. AILD are a good example, i saw them live a couple of weeks ago and will eat my shoe if they were using Krank's, despite the Krank head being onstage.
i might get bashed for this....but i would say look at a CARVIN V3 . i own one...and i was gonna go get a 6505 and sell it. but i tested the 6505 out and my carvin is just better to me...not as harsh...but still just heavy as f*ck. also....you get two distortion channels...not just one with a solo boost. i say either get the carvin or like everyone else said-get a mesa...
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
Quote by StuC

Well ive heard this info alot of times. Plus Dimebag said he hated Kranks.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by codybcool
... It's true. Many artists that endorse Krank are payed to smile in a few pictures with one and have it on stage, but they either have another amp offstage or have the head gutted. AILD are a good example, i saw them live a couple of weeks ago and will eat my shoe if they were using Krank's, despite the Krank head being onstage.

i really dont think more underground bands want to mess with having a secrete amp. maybe aild can afford the time and hassel but the bands ive seen using kranks actually use them (haste the day) ill name more when i remember but i know ive seen a few
Quote by codybcool

i think they use kranks, but they have custom ones that arent availible to the public. the commericial ones supposedly have alot of problems. that being said, ive never played one.
Read my post. Not this.
That would make sense i suppose, the amps they were playing certainly didn't sound like Krank's. I think it's funny they don't make it known (widely at least) that they're using custom built amps, and make it appear that they're using of the line models.