Page 1 of 2
well i have noticed, on the nu-metal forum, there's always someone saying it sucks and that we all suck at life for listening to slipknot and korn and whatever else, but i mean, i dont see why everyone hates it so bad, i love nu-metal the most probly, but i also love melodic death metal, thrash metal, and a little bit of everything else, does everyone in the metal forum despise nu metal, i just wanna see if theres anyone else that feels the same way
Nu-Metal isn't THAT bad it's just easy to make fun of.

anyways, wrong forum.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
The people that flame other peoples opinions, musical tastes, etc. are usually the ones that in real life are totally insecure so they take it out over the internet.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Well basically people think that it kinda takes away from the art of natural music. Personally i think some of the guitar riffs are exttremly well thought out. I dont like country but its not the country listeners problem. So basically like wat sounds best to you. And if you dont like music why are u reading this?
I don't mind Nu-Metal that much. I will on occasion pop in SOAD, Disturbed, or sometimes maybe even slipknot. It is easy to make fun of. I think most people don't like it because it takes no skill. THats why most people like metal I think. It's very difficult to play and strenuous on the body. But thats just my opinion.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I don't mind Nu-Metal that much. I will on occasion pop in SOAD, Disturbed, or sometimes maybe even slipknot. It is easy to make fun of. I think most people don't like it because it takes no skill. THats why most people like metal I think. It's very difficult to play and strenuous on the body. But thats just my opinion.

no skill??? thats what i mean, it may not be as hard as metallica sure, but its no easier than playing punk, and i dont ever see anyone dissing on that, not that im trying to diss on misfits or ramones, im just proving my point
Metal is way harder then punk. I've sorted through many different genre's. My proof, check this out I win haha
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Really? You've never seen anyone dissing Punk for having no skill? Do you live under a rock?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Metal is way harder then punk. I've sorted through many different genre's. My proof, check this out I win haha

thats what im saying, nu-metal is harder than punk to, but noone ever calls them no talent pussies, they always diss on nu-metal
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Really? You've never seen anyone dissing Punk for having no skill? Do you live under a rock?

i guess i do live under a rock, but i kind of got lost from the point, does any1 else in the metal forum like nu-metal
You know what's really weird?

MAYBE...just...MAYBE...a topic ABOUT nu-metal should go IN THE NU-METAL FORUM.

Come on...use yer brain.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Nu metals not total crap. It's good if you feel like hitting things with baseball bats. But this is the metal forum and I don't want to discuss any of the merits or problems with nu-metal here.....so piss off.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
You know what's really weird?

MAYBE...just...MAYBE...a topic ABOUT nu-metal should go IN THE NU-METAL FORUM.

Come on...use yer brain.

yea but noone in the metal forum would look at it if it was in the nu-metal forum... Come on...use yer brain
Last edited by F-ing Hostile at Jan 24, 2007,
Yeah, I have no problem debating the merits of different genre's and he is right, we wouldn't look in the nu metal forum. But, over all Metal>Nu Met. al
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by F-ing Hostile
yea but noone in the metal forum would look at it if it was in the nu-metal forum... come on...use yer brain

Eh. Blech. Poop.

Anyway...

Yeah. Most people in the metal forum don't like nu-metal, as a majority of the people in here got into metal through nu-metal, and people tend to dislike music they've gotten tired of.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by F-ing Hostile
ahh damn, i knew someone was gonna tell me wrong forum, where should i post this?

I would say general B&A

I am not going to report as I think i saw bo already posted in here.

EDIT: damn you somepunkkid lol
Well, for one, people don't like numetal because it's just a washed down version of metal that for a little while got more attention than a few dozen other metal bands that deserved infinitely more credit. Then, it's boring to people, it has influences from hip-hop and alternative music, a whole bunch of those musicians are usually too far up their asses and drop tune for that raw sound, and oh yea, they dress like they're rappers or something.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
Well, for one, people don't like numetal because it's just a washed down version of metal that for a little while got more attention than a few dozen other metal bands that deserved infinitely more credit. Then, it's boring to people, it has influences from hip-hop and alternative music, a whole bunch of those musicians are usually too far up their asses and drop tune for that raw sound, and oh yea, they dress like they're rappers or something.

well not to piss everyone off, im not trying to disrespect, cus slipknot wheres masks, but i dont think dressing should be an issue, i mean, why is dressing like a rapper anymore rediculous than dressing like this

Quote by F-ing Hostile
well not to piss everyone off, im not trying to disrespect, cus slipknot wheres masks, but i dont think dressing should be an issue, i mean, why is dressing like a rapper anymore rediculous than dressing like this

They only wear that because they nightlight as WWF wrestlers.. Look at teh belts
Because numetal is more image based than black metal. It's more of just a tradition for black metal. Plus, this is Immortal you're talking about...
I've found Jesus
Quote by F-ing Hostile
nu-metal is harder than punk l

that really is almost saying nothing
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by antoniobanderas
that really is almost saying nothing

well if u would have looked at the rest of the post u would have saw the point i was proving
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

Actually, that song's pretty easy. They just make it look hard in the video.
Dickless.
...*hopes nobody knew that* I know it still beats the crap out of anything that spells new like "Nu" .

Dude, don't get me started on black metal. They dress like that for a reason, not to be "cool" or look an image. Not all black metal musicians look like that. It is tradition, war paint, or to look dead.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by F-ing Hostile

(insert crappy blackmetal attire example picked out by a knob.)

It's part of the theatrics that increase the appeal of blackmetal. It's an outward presentation of the pain felt within the soul.
Last edited by eternalgorias at Jan 24, 2007,
Haha, you obviously know nothing about Immortal. But you are close.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by CaptainOfSmug

Moi?
I've found Jesus
A lot of nu-metal bands sound exactly the same, and a good deal of the unique ones still suffer from simply being a watered-down version of metal.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
...*hopes nobody knew that* I know it still beats the crap out of anything that spells new like "Nu" .

Dude, don't get me started on black metal. They dress like that for a reason, not to be "cool" or look an image. Not all black metal musicians look like that. It is tradition, war paint, or to look dead.

that second one is ballin'

also, can everyone stop reposting that huge pic
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

corpse paint?

I know it has somthing to do with germanic/norse folklaw (can't remember what.)

That's just my opinion of why pehaps corpse paint was used for artistic reasons in the first place.
Quote by eternalgorias
corpse paint?

I know it has somthing to do with germanic/norse folklaw (can't remember what.)

That's just my opinion of why pehaps corpse paint was used for artistic reasons in the first place.

No....

The decoration is used to intensify the bands' imagery of forboding evil, inhumanity, and corpse-like decay (thus the term corpse paint).

It might have to do with germanic/norse folklaw, but more that.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
Moi?

No, if I was talking to you I would start teh sentence by "I'm confused"

But, yeah, if done right black metal can look bad ass but it seems to be a bit over done. * Prepares for me to relate something to Emperor* "Emperor stopped using corpse paint because they thought it lost it's Tr00 meaning and what it stands for" which, to some point is true. They still look badass without it though. VIA the Empty video Another way it's better then Nu Metal
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

I don't really believe the origins to be that....or really want to believe that. Mainly because that would be retarded as the effect dosent' look at all like a dead person. I agree it distorts the face to create an image of evil forboding.

I'm sure king diamond may have worn it to look like a corpse or demon but king diamond looks gay.
Page 1 of 2