Page 1 of 3
after they've had it for a long time... it just seems like there isn't much to do after a while but give up and stop living
Quote by amazingdm
it just seems like there isn't much to do after a while but give up and stop living

Looks like you answered your own question...
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
that's me. i have major depressive disorder and i'm really suicidal. the only things that keep me alive are my 2 closest friends, kayla and emily <3
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Aah... to be a teenager again....
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
theropy..... and not the internet kind
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
I'm not a teenager

I dont want to die right now but then I thought about it tonight.. I don't think I can live with it forever
My brother suffers from deep depression, he goes to counciling for it. It has helped somewhat, but it's still noticeable.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Ahh youll probably get over it soon. Theres always good things to be happy about. Whether you believe me or not.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I don't think anyone can just getover depression. That's like saying you'll probably get over aids after a while
Uh.. they go to therapy. And if they have depression, they should be taking meds. It's a condition due to chemicals in the brain, and it can be improved with meds.
Quote by amazingdm
I don't think anyone can just getover depression. That's like saying you'll probably get over aids after a while

therapy would prove otherwise
I've been really down lately too, I feel like all my friends are treating me like dirt, its a bitch, its been going on for like atleast a year now... so idk, life is a real bitch.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by carol.
therapy would prove otherwise

I just don't think therapy is going to do anything about a physical problem.

It'd probably be a temporary solution at best
Well had you originally expected to live forever?

The state of mind is likely based on your worldview, however if you find something meaningful to occupy yourself I think you will find that your situation will improve significantly.

SSRI Anti-depressants (Prozac, Zoloft, all of those) work for some but I really wouldn't recommend having them perscribed unless you are truly suicidely, as they have some rather nasty side effects and often result in addiction followed by withdrawl upon discontinuation and depression is best dealt with situationally if at all possible.
mmmmm i dunno. i only wanna die if im gonna have a boring simple life. i dont want a structured life. i dont give a shit if im poor for awhile. i want to be in a band so ****ing bad. life after high school sounds terrible. i hate the thought of friends going different ways after high school. i really do. i pretty much rely on my friends for life. and music. if im not in a band, then i dont give a shit about my life.
Quote by amazingdm

therapy doesn't work trust me. it makes things worse when you dont like to talk about your depression
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
You sound just like my old friend, who gave up going to college because "he was too depressed" and he became a big pussy. I'm not saying that depression makes you a pussy, but not dealing with it the right way does. Just do what I do, and constantly indulge yourself in small ways every day.
Quote by The Ted
Which kind of depression are we talking about?
Clinical depression or being emo?

::stiffles laughter::

I mean..
nothing.
Quote by amazingdm

I did.

Just realize that depression is a physical response to a situation you're not comfortable with, implanted by our good friend mother nature (or god, if you're into that). From the beginning (think really early) it was meant as a safety-parachute for dangerous situations, like meeting a hungry tiger or rosie o'donell. The chemicals in your brain would override any rational thinking and say "run, bitch, run!".
Now-a-days the chemicals are being released in stressful/uncomfortable situations, like asking out a girl or things generally not going your way.

Don't let mother nature win.

You need to scratch the attitude that you can't get over your depression, and you'll see it works. Faking happyness actually gets you better.

edit:
Quote by Paiger
HEY.

Another person on DA.

Hey! You too? - What's your username?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by amazingdm

Whats wrong with you physically.....?

appearance can damage a lot but not eveything

as long as its not impairing your non social life
Quote by The Ted

the real kind not the faggy goth kind
Use something to distract you. Go hang out with your friends or play guitar for 24 hours straight.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
they stay in that depression for a little while. teenagers think about suicide, adults usually don't. adults go on and pretend like nothing's wrong and they wait till it gets better. and at that point it either does or doesn't, for any number of reasons.

Quote by Paiger
HEY.

Another person on DA.

ne'er expected to find a deviant roaming these forums...
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by The Ted

faggot. clinical depression
Quote by killbox2490
You either seek help through therapy or meds (or both), or else you deal with it for the rest of your life, distracting yourself with things like work or school, until you die

Right now I'm trying the former, just because the latter sounds pretty awful
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Whats wrong with you physically.....?

appearance can damage a lot but not eveything

as long as its not impairing your non social life

depression, depression is the physical problem I speak of

being scared of the dark or heights may be something they can cure with therapy, but things like cancer, aids, depression arent
Quote by amazingdm
depression, depression is the physical problem I speak of

being scared of the dark or heights may be something they can cure with therapy, but things like cancer, aids, depression arent

thank you for clearing up all the nonsense. it seems SOMEONE here is mature.
Quote by killbox2490
I've suffered from depression very heavily for the past 4 years, on and off. The thing that stops me doing anything stupid is to remember that life isn't always gonna be this bad. I got my music, my friends, my family, and I don't wanna lose all that. Plus, I wanna make a career out of making music, so I'm not gonna deny myself the one thing I want more than anything just cos things aren't so great right now.

I've had some bad shit happen over the last few years, but I go to counselling and, to a degree, it helps. But what works best for me is having a laugh with my friends and playing some guitar for a while. I just get so lost in it that it takes my mind off of everything.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Last edited by 67_67 at Jan 24, 2007,
Quote by sickminded fool
therapy doesn't work trust me. it makes things worse when you dont like to talk about your depression

well not every therapist would necesarily work for every person. you need to find your right fit, and that could mean going through maybe like 10 therapists.

physical? you mean like suicide? actions are derived from thoughts hunny, so if you fix your thoughts it fixes you physical problems.
unless youre talking about an injury and physical therapy, but i dont think thats the case.
anywho, if you dont lose hope then it'll all work out in the end, because of the simple fact that you'd still be TRYING. so dont give into it, no matter how shitty it gets. go out get laid and do things you'd never think you'd had the balls to do before, cause hey youre depressed already right, so the dramatic things you do could only help the situation rather than distruct it further
dude, depression is curable. both the clinical and emo kinds. whoever told you that it's not needs to be punched.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Therapy is a waste of time for me, because I don't like talking about this stuff, but from what I've heard (from my guidance councelor) people can go through real changes when they're on meds. Its artificial but I'd rather have that tbh
Quote by amazingdm
the real kind not the faggy goth kind

Well I have been diagnosed with clinical depression just because well I have the physical symptoms of a clinically depressed person that and not caring about much. We might have it to a different degree as I do not get the sensation of saddness just apathy for most things. But yes depression can cure itself over time if you do not take medication. As I am a prime example.

And if you are an emo depressed they get their self a myspace, cry and cut them self.
Quote by sickminded fool
that's me. i have major depressive disorder and i'm really suicidal. the only things that keep me alive are my 2 closest friends, kayla and emily <3

Same here, except it's my friends and music. If someone took one of those away there'd be no point in living.

And I hate it how people just SAY they're depressed or emo, this is real stuff and most people who die their hair black and cut their wrists are just doing it to be popular. It's meant to be to take your mind off stuff, not for a trend. I myself, just found out a few days ago I have OCD. I have that along with anxiety (I don't know what that is), depression, and I'm bipolar.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
im pretty sure you can just get out of depression, like the other day me and my friend went to see a movie and we got the times mixed up with am/pm.....that was a sad day

but today im fine
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by carol.
well not every therapist would necesarily work for every person. you need to find your right fit, and that could mean going through maybe like 10 therapists.

physical? you mean like suicide? actions are derived from thoughts hunny, so if you fix your thoughts it fixes you physical problems.
unless youre talking about an injury and physical therapy, but i dont think thats the case.
anywho, if you dont lose hope then it'll all work out in the end, because of the simple fact that you'd still be TRYING. so dont give into it, no matter how shitty it gets. go out get laid and do things you'd never think you'd had the balls to do before, cause hey youre depressed already right, so the dramatic things you do could only help the situation rather than distruct it further

No I'm not sure why this isn't catching on here
depression IS the physical problem. It's a disease, like cancer.

Having a good life, career, anything you can think of that is considered happiness still doesn't change the demon inside
Page 1 of 3