as far as i know, stairway to heaven is in A minor, so it should D minor, but D major is played, so, I'm confused
u mean in the breakdown before the solo?
Originally posted by mydadisjewish
people have different tastes. for example, i like good music, u like your dad's testicles.
im sorry, i worded kinda retarded, what i meant was if its in a minor, then why is a d major chord played when it should be a d minor chord?
thanks for dealing with my stupidity
A natural minor has no sharps or flats, but A melodic minor has both F and G sharped.

Thus, instead of the triad D-F-A, which is minor, the melodic minor scale creates D-F#-A, which is major.

Yawn, it's F# G# only when ascending.

And the D major chord is a borrowed chord from the A major scale. The song is in the key of A minor, despite the D major chord.
^ Bleh, I never quite understood that whole ascending/descending thing regarding chord progressions.

Quote by jhjps
im sorry, i worded kinda retarded, what i meant was if its in a minor, then why is a d major chord played when it should be a d minor chord?
thanks for dealing with my stupidity

what
look up the key of A minor, you'll find out the notes are the same as the notes in a C major key.

which includes a d major, not a dm
Quote by henza_x
what
look up the key of A minor, you'll find out the notes are the same as the notes in a C major key.

which includes a d major, not a dm

You're thinking of the fact that there's no sharps or flats. In the C major scale, It is Dm.

Quote by yawn
^ No...

Yawn is right.