i always have listened to them, but never really HEARD them if you know what i mean. Recently i have really started to get into them, and man i just love this band, great licks, good vocals, and good meaning behind the lyrics. My favorite thing is through out most of their songs they can just bust out a solo at any point and it can flow perfectly with the song.

what are you guys thoughts on this band?
Last edited by the_man101 at Jan 24, 2007,
i love the song godzilla by them oh and yeah i agree they need more cowbell
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
They sound like some crappy ass band...

Just kidding, I love BOC, however, not as much as usual. Ever since I deleted my stuff from Limewire without backing it up, I've had to go half way around the world to find BOC CDs, but I'm reassembling my lost collection. In my opinion, On Your Feet Or On Your Knees is one of(if not) the best live albums ever. I got me to really get into the guitar.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
^^
+1
Haven't heard much but of what I did hear, I liked.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Dont fear the reaper, godzilla, im burning for you, BOC kicks ass
LJS and The OwlsLucky Jimr Stonge
DFTR or Godzilla are their best songs IMO
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Dont fear the reaper is the only song I've ever heard and I love it. I wonder why I never checked their stuff out...? **Runs off to buy some BOC**
Flaming Telepaths, I love that one. The live version from the A Long Days Night DVD is awesome. Everyone here should have that DVD.

By the way, Buck's the best improviser, for me.

Can't get enough of that cowbell. I have honestly only heard two of their songs. I will look a little more into them though
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Really? I honestly didn't imagine the band being much for improvising. Is it in the sense of the band jamming, or simply that he improvises his solos?

They do some great improv. stuff. Especially in On Your Feet Or On Your Knees(Their first live album...before DFTR), when performing "ME 262," there's a part where all five members start playing guitars at once. Live "Don't Fear The Reaper" usually has a badass outro solo by Buck, however, live "Cities On Flame" stays roughly the same, but then again, why ruin it?

Here's a link to a free download of A Long Day's Night version of "Cities On Flame" and "Buck's Boogie" from the BOC website...
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Mirrors and Astronomy are also really good songs.
New Rush album in 2007! Can't wait!
Thanks, BlueOyster23, that was nice.

So is A Long Day's Night a live album of their old material, or new(er) material?

My father actually saw them live when he was in college, when they were touring as Soft White Underbelly, and said they were good. I'm not sure why he doesn't have any of their albums, though... at least, not on CD (possibly some on vinyl).
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Really? I honestly didn't imagine the band being much for improvising. Is it in the sense of the band jamming, or simply that he improvises his solos?

Everything. They go from slow to heavy all together, you couldn't tell it's improvising. But mainly in Buck's solos, he's great.
Quote by BlueOyster23
They do some great improv. stuff. Especially in On Your Feet Or On Your Knees(Their first live album...before DFTR), when performing "ME 262," there's a part where all five members start playing guitars at once. Live "Don't Fear The Reaper" usually has a badass outro solo by Buck, however, live "Cities On Flame" stays roughly the same, but then again, why ruin it?

Here's a link to a free download of A Long Day's Night version of "Cities On Flame" and "Buck's Boogie" from the BOC website...

That Buck's Boogie version is just awesome. I've listened the studio version and... Meh. They so much pwn live, if compared to studio stuff...

Edit: By the way, if you have the "A Long Days Night" DVD... Have you ever done the main menu secret thing?

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Thanks, BlueOyster23, that was nice.

So is A Long Day's Night a live album of their old material, or new(er) material?

My father actually saw them live when he was in college, when they were touring as Soft White Underbelly, and said they were good. I'm not sure why he doesn't have any of their albums, though... at least, not on CD (possibly some on vinyl).

Mostly old material. 2 songs from the first album... Some from Tyranny & Mutation... Club Ninja... Heaven Forbid... All of them, I believe. Haven't seen new stuff in the DVD.
Last edited by gazzoo at Jan 27, 2007,