Some say it can't be done. I've been trying. What I did was tune my guitar down to BEADF#B. Has anyone else tried doing this? I realize that strings 1-5 are a whole octave down from the seven string tuning BEADGBE (and I won't even go into detail about the 2nd string being F#), but so far it's worked.

I don't really do any of the crazy lead scheiß, so I don't really need the high E string. Basically I'm just doing this until I can afford a 7-string.

Any thoughts, aside from actually getting a 7-string or using an octave pedal? Believe me, those items have crossed my mind, so don't tell me to do them, 'cause I won't...yet.
um, why no just drop off high E and tune BEADGB. I have never done it tho, i got a RG7620.
make sure you drop something like .56 as your low B other wise your sound will be shitty.
Quote by ibanez_guru
um, why no just drop off high E and tune BEADGB. I have never done it tho, i got a RG7620.
make sure you drop something like .56 as your low B other wise your sound will be shitty.

^ You mean low E

This might be better suited in the only tuning thread.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying, threadstarter.
ಥ_ಥ
most octave pedals are for single notes, when you play power chords it sounds awfull

if everything is working fine, you shouln't be worried about, just save up for that 7-string
All that being said, how are seven strings tuned? Is the low B tuned at the 5th fret or 10th fret to the E string. I've never known.