I been playing bass for about 2 year now,i have enought skill to do more challenging tabs an techniques,My problem is i have poor pinky control.Anybody have any exercises or tips to improve my pinky problem?
Try playing some chromatic scales up and down the frets, with paying strict attention to the one finger per fret rule. Once you master that, try playing it with legato.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
Try playing some chromatic scales up and down the frets, with paying strict attention to the one finger per fret rule. Once you master that, try playing it with legato.

Exacto Mundo!

best way IMO. start slow and get it right, then you progressively get faster.

Practice Practise Practice

good luck
I try to keep my pinky finger "glued" to my ring finger that way it won't flail out. It felt really unnatural at first and I was using tension to force it to stick with my ring finger but now I'm getting used to it and don't need to use any tension. Its very useful with speed picking and sweeping. It also stops the pinky curling up. A good way to practise this is by just playing chromatics on one string with the pinky stuck to your ring finger. You should be able do it with pinky only coming 1 inch from the fretboard.
For me, counterpoint styled melodies really helped.

E|-10-12-11-12---8-12-10-12---7-10-8-10---5-8-7-8-|
B|------------------------------------------------|
G|------------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------|

(Tabbed out on guitar but...)
This stuff can be done on any string, any key, anything, just the general pattern works your pinky a lot. Also good for Alternate picking if you use a pick on the bass.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao