Anyone else out there like to make your own guitars from stuff laying around the house? I of course love playing my "real" guitars, but lately I've gotten interested in building three string guitars out of boxes and cans and stuff. The're frettless so I play them with a slide using open triad tunings.
joeseppy
Building a guitar takes more than scissors, white glue, and popsicle sticks.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by garden of grey
you forgot weedwacker string and something to give it tension

Wind the string around the popsicle sticks
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i hate to be a stickler, but this should be in the gear building and customization section.

back on topic, if you can make it look good (ie. clean, seamless, not just thrown together), cigar box guitars are awesome
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Yeah I guess it should be in gear or building forums but I figured that was for proffesional type work I'm talkin junkyard jug band crap a la fat albert or something. I 'd probably get laughed right outa that kind of forum.
joeseppy
umm pics?
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Wow... I'm intrigued. I've been lugging my guitar back and forth between my house and my dorm. Playing a home made three stringed mini-guitar with a zippo is just so much cooler
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
I made the Balloon Bass thing for a school science project, and it sounds great. Took me a long time to figure it out, but it was definitely worth it. My teacher just about pissed herself when I showed her. A+ baby!

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
I haven't ever tried building anything out of shit laying around my house, but my friend's computer case, is his snowboard boots box :S