Depends on which ones. The ones you get on cheap Ibanez's aren't too good from what I've heard, but lots of companies make very good LFRs. It just depends on the specific model.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
some do some dont
for example jacksons do stay in tune
but cheaper ones like peaveys dont

but schaller and gohto(sp?) are very close to a real floyd
and ibanez edge, lo pro edge and zr are very very good ones too
its stays pretty good.
nothing close to the good ibanez and the OFR
but yeah as long as your not trying to imitate herman li your fine
you could try out the guitarfetish.com floyd. if it doesn't work, it is only 40 bucks.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
i had a rr3 with a jackson licensed floyd
it stayed intune until i used the whammy.
Most cheap Floyd copies will stay in tune reasonably well when the guitar is new. The problem is they use cheap alloys and in time the knife edges on the bridge will wear, preventing the bridge from returning to the same position after use, resulting in tunign issues. The better quality Floyd copies will generally last longer

Quote by peever
but schaller and gohto(sp?) are very close to a real floyd
and ibanez edge, lo pro edge and zr are very very good ones too

Indeed. Schaller actually manufacture the real brand name Floyd Rose bridges for Floyd Rose. They use the same hardened metals and parts. Really, the only difference between a Schaller and a real Floyd is the brand name and the price tag.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Yes, licensed tremelos work the same way as original, other companies just have to change it for license reasons.
Quote by Crunchmeister
Most cheap Floyd copies will stay in tune reasonably well when the guitar is new. The problem is they use cheap alloys and in time the knife edges on the bridge will wear, preventing the bridge from returning to the same position after use, resulting in tunign issues. The better quality Floyd copies will generally last longer

Indeed. Schaller actually manufacture the real brand name Floyd Rose bridges for Floyd Rose. They use the same hardened metals and parts. Really, the only difference between a Schaller and a real Floyd is the brand name and the price tag.

At one point in the not too distant past, Schaller was pricier than an OFR.

...So yeah.

And also, Gotoh used to make the nicer Ibanez trems.
the Ibanez ZR bridge costs a bit over 100 dollars more than the OFR

thats why the S series guitars are priced so high. That and the contouring done on it.

Anyways.. off topic but is it possible to put a sustainer system into the S series guitar?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Ibanez's ZR's are absolutely incredible, though. If you can get your hands on one, by all means, do it.