i personally have never played the two together, but i would assume that it wouldn't be a great combo. don't take my word for it though.
the pickups in that epi suck. sounds like a dog pissed all over the guitar.
the amp is good, its loud as hell, but zakk plays through marshalls.
fenders drive channels usually suck, everyone ive played through usually sucks.
What kind of sound do you want outta these? What bands/style do you wanna sound like.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by blacklp
the pickups in that epi suck. sounds like a dog pissed all over the guitar.
the amp is good, its loud as hell, but zakk plays through marshalls.
fenders drive channels usually suck, everyone ive played through usually sucks.

Fenders have great clean channels, which are excellent for using effects, i.e. distortion and/or overdrive. If being loud is an issue, you could always get a power attenuator.

I'm not completely sure how the pups sound, but they are always replaceable. And the one I played on played very nicely.

Basically, it could be a very versatile rig... Just the pups may need replacing.
What sort of music are you looking to play? I mean, the guitar suggests metal, the amp classic rock and blues.

Each one has their merits, I was pleasantly surprised at the ZW LP when I tried one at GC, actually a well playing guitar. I've also used the Fender with other people and got good tones from it as well, but it was a blues cover band.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
What style you play?

You would be better of getting a Epi Standard and putting Active Emg's in it! it would be cheaper (90% sure it would)

As for the amp, its a good amp, if you play rock it could do it, but if you play metal I recomend a Maxon Od.. 808 I think.
Last edited by False_God at Jan 25, 2007,