So is the first 11-12-15 repeating pattern all supposed to be picked or is it legato? Because to me it doesn't sound picked in the recording but it's tabbed as being all picked in the one I have.

Just making sure I'm not pussying out
Shred man, Shred!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
But if its too hard to pick start off hammering and slowly build up the shred work! i couldnt shred it like a week ago and now im wailing, and it has to be one of the most easiest sweeps ever!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
The part I'm talking about is the first fast part right at the beginning of the solo where you do 6 notes per string going all the way from E to E like:

e|
B|
G|
D|------------------------------------11-12-15-11-12-15
A|------------------11-12-15-11-12-15
E|11-12-15-11-12-15

etc.

Listening to the way dime does it it sounds like it's all hammer ons but it's tabbed as being picked.
Quote by Shredlet
But if its too hard to pick start off hammering and slowly build up the shred work! i couldnt shred it like a week ago and now im wailing, and it has to be one of the most easiest sweeps ever!

What are you on about dude? The thing he posted there ^ doesn't look like sweeps to me...
I pick it. Go about it this way...when you are playing it, play the 11-12-15 as triplets, and the whole time count them out like "1-2-3, 1-2-3". So basically, it is almost like a gallop picking. And don't forget to alternate pick it, down up down up etc. Good Luck
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMG 81-85 Humbuckers
Peavey 6505+
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab w/Vintage 30's
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ
Dime was all about legato. Use hammer-ons.

Shredlet: I'm not going to make fun of you, but I do think you're retarded.
Me again I am tripping on picking up down for cowboys from hell or all down. Also master of puppets up and down are all down any advice I am self taught. I learned from tab,but most books do not tell me how to pick. Help any advice for a new shredder.
Quote by new shredder
Me again I am tripping on picking up down for cowboys from hell or all down. Also master of puppets up and down are all down any advice I am self taught. I learned from tab,but most books do not tell me how to pick. Help any advice for a new shredder.

I can't even tell what you're trying to say. Type properly. I think you're asking whether to alternate pick or downpick Cowboys from Hell? Just do it however works.

Master of Puppets is played all downstrokes by the guys in Metallica.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by new shredder
up or down picked cow boys from hell

To reuse another of my posts:

Quote by timi_hendrix
You just bumped a thread from sodding January you daft tit.

AFAIK there's no sweeping in CFH?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Sometimes I play it by picking the first three notes and doing the last three legato. It gives a cool sound.
Currently in blues mode.