Hey,
I searched the forums but couldnt find one that told how to get his tone.
How do you get the Eric Johnson Tone?
Its like, clean, with some drive but not overdrive or something i have no idea, any suggestions?
Eric Johnson is crazy about his tone. He does all sorts of crazy stuff to make himself sound "perfect."
He uses marshalls for distortion and fenders for clean tones. His pedals...I dunno, he's really fussy, but has a great tone.
A lot of money combined with a lot of volume.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by Jaffaps2
He uses marshalls for distortion and fenders for clean tones. His pedals...I dunno, he's really fussy, but has a great tone.

I thought he used AC30's...
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM
I thought he used AC30's...

I remember reading somewhere that the reason he was using those earmuffs on G3 live in concert was because he had bad tinnitus (or whatever) from tweaking his tone, which happened to come from a fully cranked marshall of doom (vintage ofcourse ).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
his custom guitar is wired so that when it is in the "inbetween" pickup selections it sounds like an SG his guitar is worth every penny; killer looks and awesome tone id recomend one also since he uses marshalls a good investment is the english muffin by electro harmonix and he uses originall fuzz faces and tape echos
^ I dunno about it sounding like an SG, but the EJ sig strat rocks, one of my favorite strats from Fender.

Guess I was wrong about the AC30's.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
thats what guitar techniques said any way roll the tone up to 3.5 and put it in the 2nd position and thats suposedly how to get it
jeez, couldn't you have an easier fave player?

i'd have said vintage marshall for the overdrive, vintage fender for the cleans. and vintage fender and gibbo guitars. You need to find out what batteries he uses for his pedals, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by The_0thersid3
his custom guitar is wired so that when it is in the "inbetween" pickup selections it sounds like an SG

Series wiring?
n00bs...... just use duracell batteries !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
n00bs...... just use duracell batteries !!!

I dunno, I heard a rumour that EJ was working with some small scale Russian manufacturer on a signature battery.
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
^ Nah, that's Zakk Wylde with the sig batteries.
Actually he uses specially bred guinea pigs in wheels to generate the power. To alter the current they produce, all you have to do is change the amount of ground diamond in their feed. It's quite simple really. Just make sure they're from Moldova and bought from a guy called Fritz, otherwise it doesn't work.
Quote by TGM

ROFLMAO

but nah, the real secret to Zakk's tone is a little bit of duct tape that he puts on the back of his guitar. We'll soon be seeing sachets of duct tape (yes, sachets), under the Zakk Wyle name, for $50.
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
Quote by TGM

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?