I dunno ive been playing guitar for like 2 years and like ive jsut lost intrest ive seem to be going around and around in circles

any suggestions?
Maybe it's not the instrument for you.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
learn more chords, listen/play different kinds of music.
try to learn something totally out of your league,
and learn more scales and whatnot
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
Vagabong 6-string Acoustic guitar
Yamaha 12 string Acoustic Guitar
well what skill level would you say your at? songs you can play and all that, and the style you generally stick to?
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
um into classical accoustic fingerpicking i would say im intermediate - or a good beginner
Hmm. try listening to some blues you know clapton and hendrix and the big guys, and learning blues scales and chords, jazz, lots of rock cause it has tons of different styles in it. just absorb all that you can and incorporate it into your own playing.
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
oh and country too, it has some of the best fingerpickers out there
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
um lets see.. first off classical gas by mason williams, Hotel California by the Eagles, Crossroads by Eric Clapton, Goodbye Blue Skies by Pink Floyd(pretty easy and fun to play)
Cant Stop by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. that should be good for awhile atleast :P
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
hate to burst your bubble but ive played all of those xD hahhaha good try
haha shitty deal. you play much metal?
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
not really not very good at it lol... i much prefer classical it just seems to have a nicer sound when your on your own

metal is good but sucks playing it on your own
lol metal is kinda boring played on your own, though tapping out huge solos and just riffs and sh*t is pretty sweet. For that I would suggest any Van Halen really.
Have you heard Justin King? Phunkdified and Knock on Wood are pretty awesome acoustic songs
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
When I start to feel bored I go on either eBay or my music shop and lash out on a $50 music book, with a few fave songs on it. It always does the trick.

Try Amazon, they have shitloads of music books for $8 including good Blues & Jazz

Don't worry dude, its just a cycle. Your on the down at the moment, but you will get on top again eventually. Happens to us all.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 25, 2007,
Yup, for one time, I didn't play guitar for 2 months. Then suddenly I just started playing again and it's like I automatically got better. Perhaps a little time off helps the brain absorb what you've learnt.
I did the same thing not so long ago...So i decided to lossen up about the genres / style i would play and started learning things i never thought i would and i couldnt be happier.
Quote by smsmasters
Yup, for one time, I didn't play guitar for 2 months. Then suddenly I just started playing again and it's like I automatically got better. Perhaps a little time off helps the brain absorb what you've learnt.

Yeah, I agree.

Also, there was a complicated fingerstyle song I was working hard at, and it felt like I was getting nowhere, so, I left it a week. When I practiced it again, I improved out of sight.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
^^
Also playing stuff that involves alot of practice like u said, play it while watching tv and just before u go to sleep a few times (weird i know) but it works for me when i wake up and play the next day it seems to of helped.
Quote by DJaye
Yeah, I agree.

Also, there was a complicated fingerstyle song I was working hard at, and it felt like I was getting nowhere, so, I left it a week. When I practiced it again, I improved out of sight.

i agree 100% with both of the quotes i intended. anyway i went from playing about 2 hours a week in early december through christmas and then went back to Uni and have been playing a lot because i have found some great tunes in my own huge musical libary. really just listen to a wide range of tunes and you should be able to find something that you will want to learn and then go for it.