im pretty knowledgable on theory but have been wanting to get into jazz theory a lot lately what book is best recommended?
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Mark Levine's Jazz Theory
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Hmmm i'll have to look into this since i've been getting into jazz lately.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Thanks guys for the help =]
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
On the same subject, does that book cover how to arrange for jazz music? I've been trying to make a band with jazz influence, but find myself hitting some roadblocks in the composition stage. If not, does anyone know a good book which covers that, or is it more of a trial and error thing?
Quote by n0selfesteem
On the same subject, does that book cover how to arrange for jazz music? I've been trying to make a band with jazz influence, but find myself hitting some roadblocks in the composition stage. If not, does anyone know a good book which covers that, or is it more of a trial and error thing?

Absoulutely, it has an enitre chapter on Composition that seems pretty well written at first glance. I'll have to look through that chapter, but the rest of the book is awesome.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
The Mark Levine book is the end-all jazz theory book pretty much, I've used it a lot

I like the attitude it looks at jazz theory with and it gets things done in good sequence, although not the sequence I learned things in originally (but that was classical theory)
-Mike