Page 1 of 3
Im not insane enough to buy one. I heard how much they are on the radio this morning, flippin rip off, I dont care what it has on it, its stupid to pay that much for one.
how much are they being sold for?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Nope. considering the EURO release is years and years away.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Nope. Will buy if it comes down in price and has good software for it. Apparently, it ain't selling to good in Japan.

I think I'll get a 360 before I get a PS3. My wii is sitting on my desk doing f*ck all now.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
the 360 is awesome
the ps3 is not.

The ps3 is $600 in the U.S. (you'd be even dumber to get the neutered $500 version).

The Euro version is gonna be like $660 American dollars.
Apparently the 360 is way better anway, so I dont think il waste money on that PS3 piece of crap.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Nobody can really diss the PS3 until they've played the damn thing. I prefer to reserve my judgement until that chance arrives.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by monkey of doom
Nobody can really diss the PS3 until they've played the damn thing. I prefer to reserve my judgement until that chance arrives.

what do you mean????

How can you not diss it? It's $650 OUT OF SOMEONE'S POCKET TO BUY IT! That's nuts!

It might be a great system, just like a Ferrari is a great car.

There are no games on it either

and besides people can still play it at the demo stations. The graphics aren't actually better than the 360's
You can diss the price but saying stuff like the 360 is better is stupid. Of course its gonna be better, its been out for a long time. Saying it has no games is the truth, but its been out for a few months. I refuse to write it off as shit, and laugh at those who do. Reserve your judgement for when it been out for while and the defining games are released.

The PS3 isn't out in Europe, therefore I can't play it. There are no demo stations that I've seen.

Ok, so what if it's been out a long time, it's STILL better. So why wouldn't I say it?
When i say it has no games I mean in reference to the future as well.. for at least the next few years there's really nothing

I have to judge it based on what it is today at this moment though
Quote by amazingdm
Ok, so what if it's been out a long time, it's STILL better. So why wouldn't I say it?
When i say it has no games I mean in reference to the future as well.. for at least the next few years there's really nothing

I have to judge it based on what it is today at this moment though

It has plenty of great games coming out for it. You can't really judge how many games are in development for the system. Sure, some of those are gonna end up on the 360, but some are gonna be exclusive.

And the graphics thing is bogus as well. Remember, the console has only been released. Programmers are still getting to grips with the hardware, therefore we see multi platform games looking better on the 360 than the PS3. We've seen the same with the 360, most of the intial games released for it didn't look much better than games for the original xbox.

Yup, I agree with what you're saying, if I had to choose between both I'd go for a 360. But writing the system off as shit is just retarded. The PS3 will be a major contender for the 360 (as much as I like the Wii, I think Nintendo will stuff it all up again).

More f**king xbox fanboys...

For the last time, the reason the PS3 is that price is because it has wifi, 7 processors, a 60gb HDD, built in browser capabilities, Blu-Ray (higher capacity than Xbox format discs) and will in the very near future will be linux compatible. That on a PC would cost you well into $2000, but no one complains about that.

No one is being forced to buy a PS3, so if you don't want to spend the money, then don't, but shut the hell up about it. No one gives a shit if you like the Xbox better, all you do by coming into threads shouting your mouth off about the Xbox being amazing and the PS3 being shite is making yourself look like a prick who doesn't have an opinion of his own and just wants to jump on the bandwagon because he owns a 360.

I guarantee that the majority of people who slag it off will have never played a PS3. Its also noticable that the people who prefer the PS3 don't slag off the Xbox, even though it does have a number of shortcomings in comparisson.

Seriously, grow up fanboys.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Last edited by MattIgoe0108 at Jan 25, 2007,
Um its funny because the original X box was never really liked until Halo, if it wasnt for that game X box woulda probly been a complete failure. And do we give a shit if a 360 is supposibly better accourding to you who dont own either? Bit woop the price is high who cares, it has alot more things you can use it for than a 360. The software on it on a computer would be a 2000 dollar computer as some1 said above and it can browse the web, can x box do that? And PS3 does have better graphics than a 360 sorry to say. Im sick of these X box fanboys its getting annoying, people who like the ps3 never make a thread like this about x box yet you all feel a need to start a fight. I dont care about price really and when it comes out in auz ill be checking it out.
I'd spend my money on gear or a new guitar before I'd buy any system.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by grantml02
I'd spend my money on gear or a new guitar before I'd buy any system.

wow, intelligence!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Ugh it doesnt come out here untill march but ill wait like a year or so before considering buying it.

I might wait till its bout half price or less.
Quote by -MintSauce-
I'm going to buy three PS3's, when they're released in the UK.

You should so make a video about it when you get them

Quote by MattIgoe0108
You should so make a video about it when you get them

haha! whats the link to that i forgot it
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by -MintSauce-
I'm going to buy three PS3's, when they're released in the UK.

dont forget the cakes
Wont be here til March and I wont get it til summer when IO get some mad cash.

I really dont enjoy the 360 I have played it on a HD telly and it wasnt so great in omparison with anything really but I dont really care because I love the Japs more so I will go with there hard ware

BTW Battle Royale owns you.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Um its funny because the original X box was never really liked until Halo, if it wasnt for that game X box woulda probly been a complete failure. And do we give a shit if a 360 is supposibly better accourding to you who dont own either? Bit woop the price is high who cares, it has alot more things you can use it for than a 360. The software on it on a computer would be a 2000 dollar computer as some1 said above and it can browse the web, can x box do that? And PS3 does have better graphics than a 360 sorry to say. Im sick of these X box fanboys its getting annoying, people who like the ps3 never make a thread like this about x box yet you all feel a need to start a fight. I dont care about price really and when it comes out in auz ill be checking it out.

im no xbox fanboy but im sure microsoft will inevitably develop a web browsing feature on the 360. dont get me wrong im sure the Playstation 3 will be brilliant when it gets going but for the moment im gonna stick with the 360 as it has a great line up and GTA 4 will be out on it ffs..............that was like the only reason i was going to buy a ps3.
I'm fed up with justifing my purchasing decisions to ignorant, uninformed morons and psuedo-intellectual elitist snobby fanboys. Thus why I won't get into some pointless debaate with some stubborn opinionated pricks about this; I'm getting a PS3, as well as a HDTV. I've already got £1000 put aside for the whole lot.

(I already have a 360, it was a gift)

I'm not all that convinced by the Wii atm, in the respect that I like to play games a certain way, and the Wii doesn't interact with that. Tryed it, didn't really do much for me.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Personally I'm scraping around right now to just about manage an X-Box, as I will no way be able to afford a PS3. If I had the choice, to be honest I probably would go for the PS3 but meh.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I got one and its amazing. I didnt buy it so I dont care how much it costs.

Has anyone noticed that Xbox 360 came out in MAY 2005! and when it came out it only sold 100,000 units WORLDWIDE! BECAUSE ITS POO! Now since PS3 came out all these people are trying to be cool and not admit the PS3 is better so they go get an Xbox and say its better just cuz its $200 cheaper. I saw on GameHead (Tv show about games) that the Xbox is actually more expensive once you get the upgrades that you will for sure need in the future when they release new technology on the game discs and such. So watch what you say xbox fanboys.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Last edited by PaintOurSilence at Jan 25, 2007,
I could care less about it,I'm to busy loving my wii. Well I was, then my brother took it to college, I should get it back soon, the bastard beat zelda z couple days ago.
"The inner machenisms of my mind are an inigma."

-Patrick Star
Quote by Feel bad inc.

i'm pretty sure halo was the launch title for the xbox.
games consoles don't need web browsers or all that other pointless functionality that the ps3 has, thats what PC's are for. only serious nerds buy 2000 dollar/pound PC's with linux etc anyway.
there as a link posted here a month or so ago from one of the big videogame sites that compared ps3 and 360 graphics like for like, and the 360 came out on top.

pay your money for your next gen video box, but you wont be laughing IF blu ray sh*ts the bed, and developers abandon the ps3.

PS, i am unbiased, no fanboy nonsense here, i call a spade a spade.
PPS, 425 british pounds. HA.
Quote by theguitarist
I'm fed up with justifing my purchasing decisions to ignorant, uninformed morons and psuedo-intellectual elitist snobby fanboys. Thus why I won't get into some pointless debaate with some stubborn opinionated pricks about this; I'm getting a PS3, as well as a HDTV. I've already got £1000 put aside for the whole lot.

(I already have a 360, it was a gift)

I'm not all that convinced by the Wii atm, in the respect that I like to play games a certain way, and the Wii doesn't interact with that. Tryed it, didn't really do much for me.

Nice to hear someone who is sensible and doesn't get angry over such silly things. Personally I have a Wii and I love it however I can understand why others don't like them. From what I hear the Resistance game for the PS3 is godlike, anyone else heard this?
PS3 + free internetplay = $600.
X-Box 360 + dues for Live for five years = $600.

So the price's the same, if you want to play online and expect to be playing the console for five years. Only the PS3 come with a blue ray, bigger HD (is that correct?), blue tooth controlers rather than IR, competability with the PSP (I have no idea how that works, use it as a controller, watch movies on PS3 hard drive with it....) and probably some other points I'm missing.

And if I recall correctly, an ordinary blue ray reader costs more than $600.
Quote by Renka

And if I recall correctly, an ordinary blue ray reader costs more than $600.

It was $1000 last time i checked, but it may have gone down.

There was a guy above who said that the blu-ray might fall down, which is true. it may cause some problems in that case, but since the majority of film makers are backing it as well as a number of technology developers, it will most likely come out on top. Especially since it has a much greater capacity.

Also, aside from everything else, is it starting to piss people off other than just me that all these 360 fanboys are not only putting the other consoles down in vs threads, but we now have morons like the threadstarter who are actually making topics with the aim of insulting people who bought the console?

Im glad mr wrong came along with a reasoned argument to at least give the 360 some of its dignity back from idiotic fanboys.

I am planning to get one at Xmas, maybe- either way I want one eventually.
Didn't really like the Xbox/360- only game I liked was PES6, and im happy playing that on my PS2.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I've changed my mind, a PS3 will be mine if I have to pillage and plunder to get it. The reason being that, new titles of GTA, Resident Evil, MGS, GT, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Half-Life, Devil May Cry kinda gave me a boner when I looked at it.

One thing I must ask though, is are there any decent looking original titles around? For ANY of the next-gen consoles? I've not done much research as of yet so please forgive any apparent ignorance.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Page 1 of 3