i love listenin to satriani and vai... and am tryin to find more artists that playin similar styles... anyone got any ideas plz?
John Petrucci
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
eric johnson, neil zaza, yngwie malmsteen (kinda), check out canon rock by funtwo covered by a guy named jerry c, jeff beck maybe? shawn lane, he's kinda jazzy. there's a lot of em out there, you just have come ot the right place.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
My favourites are: Petrucci & Timmons.

And more jazzy players like: Gambale, Holdsworth, Lane.

Instrumental bands: Liquid Tension Experiment

Bands incorporating virtuoso elements: Dream Theater, Outworld, Angra, Symphony X, Nevermore, Eidolon, Jag Panzer.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
John Petrucci
Paul Gilbert
Yngwie Malmsteen
Buckethead
Dave Weiner
Tony MacAlpine

You may know the last two as they are also steve vai's other guitarists (And macalpine is the keyboardist too)
Also look at

Jason Becker
Michael Lee Firkins
Marty Friedman
Blues Saraceno

and I'll second Eric Johnson too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
eric johnson has some vocal stuff too. like trail of tears and emerald eyes, but those are also masterpieces just like cliffs of dover or trademark.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
John Petrucci
Eric Johnson
Marty Friedman
Joe Stump
Jason Becker
Michael Angelo Batio
Yngwie Malmsteen

Btw "jamrockradio"

Canon Rock was written by JerryC.
The best cover is by FunTwo.
(Imo, the cover is better than the original... FunTwo re-wrote some arpeggios to be more melodic.)
Yngwie Malmsteen is my personal favorite, but Steve Vai is really close!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by theusedsk8er
John Petrucci
Eric Johnson
Marty Friedman
Joe Stump
Jason Becker
Michael Angelo Batio
Yngwie Malmsteen

Btw "jamrockradio"

(Imo, the cover is better than the original... FunTwo re-wrote some arpeggios to be more melodic.)

Right on! I love Jason Becker's playing, though I'm not a huge fan of Batio>
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by theusedsk8er
John Petrucci
Eric Johnson
Marty Friedman
Joe Stump
Jason Becker
Michael Angelo Batio
Yngwie Malmsteen

Btw "jamrockradio"

oh, i downloaded a version that says "jerry c covers funtwo's canon rock." you would know better than me! lol i do like the cover version better cuz i do have both and it is definitely cooler.
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
Andy Timmons rules too!
check out Dixie Dregs, jazz fusion instrumental band.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
cheers for aw that, i have some songs by malmsteen but inda get sick of him tbh, i have some eric johnson but only 1 petrucci... damage control, cant really find any others by him.

Dave weiner and tony mcalpine... do they do solo work? since theyr in Vai's band? i love daves wee party peice from the Astoria london dvd
Quote by craig_mccann
Dave weiner and tony mcalpine... do they do solo work? since theyr in Vai's band? i love daves wee party peice from the Astoria london dvd

Tony MacAlpine has been doing solo stuff for years before he was with Vai, and Dave Weiner has recently started, Vai got him started off, his album is called "Shove aside the sun" you can hear parts of it on his website, he also does these mini lesosns every week that're on there too.
johnson, petrucci, timmons, michael romeo, rusty cooley. pachelbel wrote canon in d, covered by jerry c in rock version and funtwo covered jerry c's canon rock.. http://jerryc.tw/.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Trans-Siberian Orchestra does some instrumental songs.

Eric Johnson and Satch are two of my favorites though.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Pretty much anyone on this label;

http://shrapnelrecords.com/storehome.jsp

Tony McAlpine is an amazing musician, just as adept at piano as he is at guitar. In particular I'd check out McAlpine's Edge of Insanity and Vinnie Moore's Mind's Eye. John 5's Vertigo is awesome too, it's a bit more along the lines of Satriani's stuff as opposed to Neoclassical shred like Vinnie Moore.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Jan 27, 2007,
Well there have been a lot of good suggestions, but I also suggest Guthrie Govan. He's relatively new to the scene and is amazing. Check him out on youtube or something.
I have nothing to put in here.
Buckethead
Paul Gilbert/Racer X
Rusty Cooley <--- I've actually been getting to like his music lately

I really used to hate rock/metal, mainly because of the vocals, with a few exceptions like Deep Purple, Cream, and Queen. So pretty much all I listen to IS instrumental.
Quote by steven seagull
Also look at
Michael Lee Firkins

Blues Saraceno

Oh man two of the best IMO

Really unique incredible players