Page 1 of 2
ok im really into gaming and i dont have a paricularly good pc, its 3.2ghz procesor 2gb ram and then 128mb analog graphics card lol anyways, im planing to uprade to duel core procesor and 512mb or more direct x 10 graphics card, or im tempted to go buy a xbox360, short term teh pc is more expensive but in long turm xbox360 is coz i have to pay for games (i usualy download ma games of torrnent :P) what u guys think? bear in mind i am only 13 and its pocket money, birthday cash etc..., and o ye i would have put this in pc only thread but the ppl there are all into pc's and i would only get one answer wich is pc. what are your views on 360's? i have never actualy played one but they look emense, and oviosly pc's pwn
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by amazingdm
360!
graphics are killer
great controller/unified online system

playing on a pc sucks ass.

Oh don't start. you tell everyone that plays CS:S online that playing on a pc 'sucks ass'
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
PC ftw, you don't have to get off it when parents wanna watch TV, and internet MP is way more developed
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Oh don't start. you tell everyone that plays CS:S online that playing on a pc 'sucks ass'

Well to me it sucks ass

sitting there upright with a mouse and keyboard on a tiny screen, all that you paid a lot more for than the video game system that does the same thing in a more comfortable setting with better performace... yuk
If u have a gd internet connection Xbox for sure.

Pc brings to many problems and too many upgrades.

/end
Get the 360, upgrade your pc later.....as long as your processor is over 2 ghz and you have over a gig of ram you should be okay, the only thing you should change if you want is your graphics card.
yo.

I BELIEVE
hmmm and o ye i do have css! and i have my own clan, server and website :P well ish anyway i handed the role of clan leader over to ma m8 who was more active coz i took a masive break for gaming(email me is ya wana jon btw). what bout the game quility tho? coz like lost planet and gears of war and the new turok look emence, but then on pc u got crysis bf2142, all the steam games, etc...
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Personal Computer seems to be the more logical choice. You're bound to need a PC anyway and I always thought Game Consoles were a waste of money.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by amazingdm
Well to me it sucks ass

sitting there upright with a mouse and keyboard on a tiny screen, all that you paid a lot more for than the video game system that does the same thing in a more comfortable setting with better performace... yuk

Your not noticing the quality of the games out on PC.
yo.

I BELIEVE
and o ye i have a 360 controller that i use for ma pc when i play laidback, halo, racing. or n64 emulators :P
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
the main worrie is, are the 360 games better than pc games? i am heavily into fps btw, i really like the looks of lost planet and gears of war as i have already stated but cryssis looks even better. =S
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by amazingdm
360!
graphics are killer

No it doesn't.
Quote by rockon200
the main worrie is, are the 360 games better than pc games? i am heavily into fps btw, i really like the looks of lost planet and gears of war as i have already stated but cryssis looks even better. =S

Re-enlist in english class!![/rant]
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
ye im seriosly leaning towards pc, its just that xbox get gears of war and lost planet! and turok when it comes out,does anyone know wether toruk is gonna come out on pc aswell coz it looks pretty awsom?.
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by amazingdm
360!
graphics are killer

I'd argue, but you've shown time and time again what an idiot you are and how you're arguments always fall apart once you try to prove them.
Probably a PC if you like FPS. With any luck, gears of war will come out on PC. It's too good a game, like the first halo, for it just to be left on a single format.

Try out an Xbox and see what you think. if you like it, then go for it. If not, stick with your PC. Both are very respectable machines for games.

Please don't become another 360 fanboy though, there are enough as it is :P
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Personaly i think PC always has better games and online play, plus if you have an x box 360 you might become an x box fan boy and no1 likes them
The point is, he already has a PC, why upgrade it?
If he wants to use the net or anything his PC seems fine, hell 2GB RAM?! I've got 512 MB and I'm doing fine.

It also depends on what kind of games you play: strategy then PC , FPS then 360..
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Last edited by siddyjain at Jan 25, 2007,
to thread starter - If you have a good pc already get the 360 then use the media link to link them together, it's really good, sharing media on both systems, the 360 is basically a pc anyway.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

._: Gear :_.
1952 Reissue Fender Strat
1962 Reissue Fender Telecaster
Bluerock Double Neck SG
Yamaha Pacifica 112mx
Aria Electro Acoustic
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Various Effects
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I'd argue, but you've shown time and time again what an idiot you are and how you're arguments always fall apart once you try to prove them.

my sentiments exactly

/relevant to thread

yay another butler fan

Ocean is kickass
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by amazingdm
Well to me it sucks ass

You do know you can use *shock horror* controllers on a PC?

and that you can get Monitors that are stupidly big.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
ye, its pc for me! i just gota keep praying that gears of war comes out on it :P acordin to some guy from microsoft they MAY do it, i exoect they will coz when they reliesed halo on pc it sold way more copies than the xbox version did. jus one last thing GRAPHICS! i i do what i suggested, thats 2gb ram, 512mb or higher graphics card, duel core 2.4ghz or faster procesor with the graphics be able to be better than 360?, because aparently with that spec i should be able to run crysis on high if not full and the graphics are amazing, and so are the physics in it.
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
and o ye im planing to get a 30 inch lcd moniter aswell! gonna be sweet
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
As long as you have a HD ready monitor and a powerful enough system, the graphics comparisson to any of the new systems shouldn't be an issue.

Quote by rob10047112
Buy a new graphics card cheaper than a 360 and you'll have a very decent computer and it'll look much nicer than a 360. If your mother board supports PCI express I would go for something like this: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119679

This man speaks the truth. Geforce make fantastic graphics cards. theres one inbuilt into my laptop and i love it.

well im buying a direct x10 card so im either gonna get a g80 or an ati r600 (when it comes out ) or maybe something elts depending on what new stuf is out when i have the money to upgrade.
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by rockon200
ok im really into gaming and i dont have a paricularly good pc, its 3.2ghz procesor 2gb ram and then 128mb analog graphics card lol anyways, im planing to uprade to duel core procesor and 512mb or more direct x 10 graphics card, or im tempted to go buy a xbox360, short term teh pc is more expensive but in long turm xbox360 is coz i have to pay for games (i usualy download ma games of torrnent :P) what u guys think? bear in mind i am only 13 and its pocket money, birthday cash etc..., and o ye i would have put this in pc only thread but the ppl there are all into pc's and i would only get one answer wich is pc. what are your views on 360's? i have never actualy played one but they look emense, and oviosly pc's pwn

hey,better take xbox 360...
Quote by sadistic_monkey

What are you going to argue, that I DON'T actually think that playing on a pc sucks ass?
tbh. even though u can get better graphics on PC i think the xbox is still a better bet, because inevitably you will just end up having to upgrade your graphics card every year/year and a half to keep up with the latest games. i bought an ATI Radeon X600 about a year and a half ago and back then it was a pretty high spec card. now, it plays very few recently released games such as graw and rainbow six vegas. i doubt a new console will be released for at least another decade and developers are always finding new ways to utilise a certain console's graphics capabilities. im no xbox fanboy but i just get a little pissed off at having to upgrade my graphics card all the time and thats why i would go for an xbox 360.
Well you can plug the 360 controller into a PC's usb port. Come vista, games like shadowrun and a few other games will be able to play on live between PC and 360. So if you've got a really high end computer, you'll be able to make those games look better than the 360 could, but you won't have nearly as many choices of games. (for live at least)
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by tom_ledzep
tbh. even though u can get better graphics on PC i think the xbox is still a better bet, because inevitably you will just end up having to upgrade your graphics card every year/year and a half to keep up with the latest games. i bought an ATI Radeon X600 about a year and a half ago and back then it was a pretty high spec card. now, it plays very few recently released games such as graw and rainbow six vegas. i doubt a new console will be released for at least another decade and developers are always finding new ways to utilise a certain console's graphics capabilities. im no xbox fanboy but i just get a little pissed off at having to upgrade my graphics card all the time and thats why i would go for an xbox 360.

No it wasn't.
Quote by rockon200
ok im really into gaming and i dont have a paricularly good pc, its 3.2ghz procesor 2gb ram and then 128mb analog graphics card

wtf?! I don't even have half of that...

and my games don't lag... you must be doing it wrong

I recommend the PC, it's cheaper in the long run and you can do much more with it, and always add more components, like joysticks, steering wheels that are cheaper than the 360's equivalents
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
what the fuck is an analog graphics card supposed to be?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Page 1 of 2