i have been playing close to 2years and am wantin to purchase a new guitar, for around £350. Prob is im a lefty. I play mainly Tool and SOAD style stuff. Im wanting to know which guitar will best suit me. Currently i have a crappy squire and think its def time i bought a gig ready good guitar! cheers
I'm a lefty too, and have the same problem. esp makes some cheaper models in l;efty, same with dean. Schecter has some nice ones. BC Rich has the Warlock in Lefty. Theres a bunch of lefty epiphones. Jackson has Lefty Dinky's. Most guitars you can get lef handed are either really cheap or insanely expensive, there's not a middle ground. That's why I'm saving up for a Jackson RR1 lefty
dwell not over dying, for it shall be the last thing you ever do.
*fur555dnm666*
dude, i think we are suppsoed to be twins haha, but ya definately go with the schecter, or the jackson, i really like the schecter, you can look at my videos where i am using a schecter here:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=AntarcticChuckBeaver

i am obviously the guitarist, please tell me what you think
Quote by finch12
i have been playing close to 2years and am wantin to purchase a new guitar, for around £350. Prob is im a lefty. I play mainly Tool and SOAD style stuff. Im wanting to know which guitar will best suit me. Currently i have a crappy squire and think its def time i bought a gig ready good guitar! cheers

Hey finch12,

You were born with the curse, me too man! But i have gone out and bought alot of freakin' guitars, due to being so fussy(i make dave mustane look easygoing!)
But here are a few things to consider, what do you run for an amp/effects? Do you like thick les paul type necks or thin ones? And what type of pickup do you want to run? This may help you a little but i have found, due to the fact that i like thin necks and a wide fret board that yamaha makes a pretty descent lefty and it won't break the bank. Its the pacifica series and with a simple switch out of the rear humbucker you should be good to go! Provided you like thin necks, if not go with a les paul maybe? I'm not an expert but thought this might help.
l8tr
scott/13years
WRONG FORUM
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
See if you can find a Schecter C-1 Artist. They make 'em lefty, and I'm pretty sure it'd be in your price range, but I don't know the exact exchange rate with dollars and pounds.
Finch12:

Don't worry there are actually plenty of good Left Handed guitars out there. I'm lefty too and I refused to be very uncomfortable in learning how to play righty. I have 8 guitars (medium end to custom/handmade high end) which all kick some major ass and if you just do some searching, you can find some great stuff out there. Here are my recommendations on lefty guitars (that I personally own) that are a great value and a pleasure to play for under $1,000.

1. Ibanez RG1570 - (Rip the pickups out! I have EMG's in mine) $700 or so. GREAT GUITAR.

2. LTD EC-1000 Cherry (also available in Vintage Black)- (again, AWSOME guitar for the money. Great neck, great EMG 81/60, great sound/sustain, great everything) Just under $1,000

3. Ibanez SZ Left Handed - (once again, rip the pickups out. I put EMG 81's/85's in this guitar) Neck-thru and impressive build for a guitar that's around $500!

(By the way, I know I seem like an EMG guy, but I also have Duncan's in my other models at home. I like actives and passive pickups, depending on what you're looking for).

I hope this helps Finch12

Mike