That feeling you get when you've just watched or heard an awesome solo, or read about how awesome a solo is, and you reach for your guitar all pumped up and ready to shred...

but suddenly....

it dawns on you.

Your high e string is broken.

Talk about self pwnage.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Day i got my first guitar i broke mine trying to tune it.

Sucked ass, i couldn't play it until the next day
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Ah I feel your pain, I just started buing strings in packs of 2.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
I did that too. it sucks and not in a good way.
always in the poo, only the depth changes
yeah it sucks ass. seriously...well, i was playing and i broke my A string before. i mean, it wasnt a solo or anything but i broke it and i almost cried...
I broke my G string fingering a minor... third.

I'm going to go kill myself quietly in a corner now.
It's not that uncommon. Could be a burr on the nut or the tuner; or if you switch between tunings a lot it could just be fatigue or a weak spot on the string.
Quote by grantml02
Ah I feel your pain, I just started buing strings in packs of 2.

packs of 2!!Ive moved up to buying mine by the 10 load. Its becoming an expensive habit. Though I havent broke a string in over a year. Erine balls seem to wear out fast, though I think most strings do.
Don't see any reason they'd wear out any faster than any other brand. I switched to Elixirs a while back, they last a lot longer than the other brands I've used.
Elixirs sound sexy, but that time I broke my string tuning down, I was using the Elixirs that I got. Weird.
I hate having missing/broken strings as much as the next guy but because of financial constraints at times I've just adapted my playing to fewer strings. I almost don't like the high e anymore.
once my little bro kept turning the tuning knob on the high e, i was like "i wouldnt do that..." but he kept going, it snapped and cut his hand. he doesnt touch my guitar anymore...
Who dat?
Quote by Def
Though I havent broke a string in over a year.

Wtf, do you not play guitar?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Wtf, do you not play guitar?

I do. I just change strings when the sound starts to go though. The sound seems to go long before breaking point.
i get pissed, cause ya know im all ready to ****in tear up teh fretboard..and then i realize i cant even solo
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by Anarion614
once my little bro kept turning the tuning knob on the high e, i was like "i wouldnt do that..." but he kept going, it snapped and cut his hand. he doesnt touch my guitar anymore...

Heh, similar thing happened to me too. My cousin kept turning the high e while i was holding the guitar, but I didn't notice at all since I was watching tv. Then it snapped, but cut my hand

I've been almost a week without an e string. Midterms and studying won't let me go to guitar center to pick up extra strings.
Quote by MattIgoe0108
Day i got my first guitar i broke mine trying to tune it.

Sucked ass, i couldn't play it until the next day

Oh, I've been there. Like, when it's your first string change, and your all excited, "oh, Ima gunna change muh strings" and then you tighten the high e too much and it just snaps on you? That sucks.

I still played for 3 days with just my b, g, d, a, and low e
Nikolas
I get all pumped, and want to play, then I realise....

I have no speed in solos/improv.....

I can't do those awesome triplet legatos..... Like a:

e|-15h17h19--15h17h19--15h17h19- (repeat)

And do it accurately. I know I need practice, but you have no idea how much that discourages me sometimes.

I mean, I can stretch that far and all, I just don't have the accuracy.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20