Ok, well my cover is a bit more based around the John Mayer version, but let me know what you think.
It was basically an excuse for me to mess around with the harmonies at the end... it's possible I probably over-did them a little... but I don't care

So any comments on the mixing/production/vocals/anything would be good!

Also, if you like this, if you could check out my cover of 'I Will Follow You Into The Dark' by Death Cab For Cutie too

You can find it here at my myspace!

Cheers guys and gals!
-Tommmo
I'll check it out when I get home, the internet im using blocks myspace. I have been wanting to mess around with that song.
Criting as I listen... The guitar sounds fabulous.. Vocals are ok, but u go flat fairly often. If you could fix that it would sound awesome. This is amazing quality... How did u get something so clean??? I plug right into my soundcard, or use a digital recorder, and your quality is still better. I like your vocal harmony, thats pretty damn awesome!!!

Care to crit one of mine?
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=TheUnbornBand
pick any tune... I got all dif types of music on there. Thanks if u do!

ps. cool pink hair
Work to live, not live to work.
Quote by Unborn
Criting as I listen... The guitar sounds fabulous.. Vocals are ok, but u go flat fairly often. If you could fix that it would sound awesome. This is amazing quality... How did u get something so clean??? I plug right into my soundcard, or use a digital recorder, and your quality is still better. I like your vocal harmony, thats pretty damn awesome!!!

Care to crit one of mine?
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=TheUnbornBand
pick any tune... I got all dif types of music on there. Thanks if u do!

ps. cool pink hair

Cheers, the recording is good quality because I've got a pretty decent set up. I use a Samson CL-8 Condenser mic for recording both the acoustic and the vocals (seperate takes), and I use a Line 6 XTLive to do the electric guitar. All this goes into an Edirol UA-25 Audio Interface, and recorded it all using Logic Pro 7.2. One of the reasons this recording is pretty clear is because I fiddled for ages with the EQ, Condensers, Noise Gates etc, to get it to sound good. I'm pleased how it turned out

As for the vocals, it's a fair comment! I've never claimed to be the best singer in the world, but I could have done a better job here. It was done in just one take (apart from the harmonies), so it was hardly slaved over. I liked the general sound and feel of the vocals, so kept them. Despite the fact I didn't know whether to say looking or searching in the last verse, and ended up saying an emalgamation of both

Thanks for crit