my friends guitar has something weird going on with the high e string. it sits perfectly fine on the neck and looks normal but as soon as you get to the 9th fret it all sounds like the same note. it is an alvarez RD20 but i doubt that will help

TIA
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
actually i would say that on of the frets is set higher than the rest, and the action isnt high enough to compinsate. My sugestions are to either rase the action untill the problem gets fixed (this will only work if the problematic fret is SLIGHTLY higher set). Otherwise, you will have to take the guitar to a guitar tech and ask him about the problem, he will most likely recomend filing the fretts. That's my guess at it
SEALSniper1152's right. The bass player in my band had the same problem. His action was already set as high as it can go so he fixed it by pushing in the problematic fret with the flat tip of a screwdriver. His bass is a piece of shit though, so if you care for the guitar I suggest taking it to a guitar tech.
^^^ Yeah, I agree with these two guys.

Thread starter, why not take a closer look when you fret the guitar to see if it is kissing a raised fret? Shouldn't be too hard to detect, now that you know what to look for.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
thanksss. i've just never encountered this problem before
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
it could also be that the string is actually bent. sometimes it gets bent in a certain spot and ruins some of the notes. how old are the strings? if it happens when he puts new ones one then its either the action is too low or the frets are uneven. thats all i can think of.