I was just wondering what people thought of their exotic wood smartwood series (not the buir) les pauls. I went around trying out alot of studios and then ran across a couple of smartwoods which imo blew the studios out of the water (that I had tried).

I ended up with a 99 Smartwood Les Paul with a Cancharana top, and have loved it ever since.

I noticed there is hardly any information on these guitars on the internet, every forum I go to has maybe 1 post or thread with not a ton of information or input.

Just wondering how you guys felt about them.
Last edited by ParryPerson at Jan 25, 2007,
I know that the cancharana model isn't made anymore, unless I am mistaken. The Mahogany that the guitars are made of are also from farmed trees.

Here are some shoddy pictures of it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/ParryPerson/mylp3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/ParryPerson/mylp1.jpg

When compared to the studios it felt alot more solid, although I personaly do like the studios, this felt alot better and the carve looked better for some reason.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
The local shop has it a while (they were selling more Epi's and I guess the kids wanted a guitar with a finish) and it dropped from 999 to 850 when I went to go see it and picked it up the next day.

I've seen 1 or 2 on Ebay going for around 1k or above.

I love it, all the LP tone and a aweomse tonewood top instead of the expensive finish/binding. The Smartwoods also have dot pearloid inlays instead, which I like a little more anyways.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
I should have some up in time, my small studio computers power supply just bit the dust, just gotta pop this new one in!
Quote by HxCori<3