i have a maverick f2, for those who own/have played a maverick you'd know the volume and tone are contolled by the roller ball thing (to be technical).

well last night whil polishing and restring i decided to loosen it (to stop grinding), well its moved out of its original position and i cant set it back ive done anything and wondered if anyone had any past experience with this, thanks
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Hmm... for one anyway Maverick rule!

ok, just tighten it again it should affect it, like on most guitars. take the strat for EG. You can take of the knob and not put it on zero matching the pot and you can still twist it raising and lowering the volume, just differnt numbers.. that should apply to the F-2 like..
tightening it seems to make it grind against the wood more, i wanted to know if tightening the ball at a different point would effect where it starts from(lowest) and where it ends (highest volume)
and if anyone knew if iculd acces it from the back or a sspecific angle to tighten it at

thanks though, and maverick do rule
Quote by Mathamology

i have to agree maverick rule (i have an f-1).

ive never had any trouble with the rollers.

could you access them by taking off the back plate? ive never tried.
it refuses to come off^
i know, it was my own fault, i just want to correct it, just made this thread for general advice and if anyone knew how the roller ball actuially work

maverick>ibanez

seriously an ibanez for the same price is vastly inferior, half the time you just pay for the name
Quote by Mathamology

i can say i have never had any trouble with my rollers, and if you tighten the roller in a slightly different place it shouldn't make a difference in the control of the volume.

you can access it from the back but you have to remove the whole control unit and then return it to the original place which can be very difficult

btw this is off topic but have any of you seen the new G-1s? they are a les paul copy but are kinda spikey in places. has anyone tried them out? cos if they have a similar neck to the F or the X series i might have to go and buy one
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
and they're British! what could be better than that?

have you tried brute force yet on the roller?
yes they did. its the G-1 its like a les paul but spikey
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
the F-4 is coming soon on their website apparently (its out now though) and the G-1 is out now as someone mentioned above.

i dunno if they are really new though i havent been tracking them a lot.

the F-4 looks shweet.
the G-1 arriver late spring/early summer. but the F-4 has been out for ages.

maverick havent updated their website in about 2 or 3 years. i need to go and talk to them about that. its annoying cos i wanna know what they are getting up to and whether they are planning on expanding much over the next year
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
f4 have the humbucke and two single coils?
Quote by Mathamology

yeah they do, and a fatter neck. its kinda similar to the ibanez wizard neck. its like a strat near the nut and gets thinner towards the body
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2