I need to listen to some great 80's musik. Tell me some great 80's bands and some good albums. I'll listen to anything, make sure you post up weather its genre. Please tell me some good 80's club musik, cause thats what i really need.
Rock Out With Your Cock Out
Europe - the Final Countdown
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far away)
Van Halen - 1984, 5150, Fair Warning, Diver Down
Dead or Alive - Youthquake
hue
Dokken-The Best Of!!!
Kiss 20th Century Masters Collection Volume 2!!!!
Yngwie Malmsteen-Fire album,Best of Album
Van Halen defined the hair metal thing, and Quiet Riot. Then there's Whitesnake (who did an album with Vai!), Ratt, Aerosmith of course and Racer X.
How about just like...Whitesnake, Poison, Ratt, Def Leopard.... all those crappy hair metal bands

(mind you I love Poison, so don't take offense to the "crappy" part)

Or some Depeche Mode, Madonna, Tears For Fears (you have to love TFF).
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
If by great you mean standing out so far that you can't deny it being 80's, then I would suggest Nitro. Huge hair, highest wails, and fast-ass guitar solos. I suggest the song Freight Train. Keep in mind, it's not the best band, but shows 80's with a seemingly overexadurated tone.
the albums dr feelgood and girlsgirlsgirls
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Heh. Not exactly in harmony with the subforum, but I'd say things like

Bauhaus
Pet Shop Boys
REM
The Human League
and crap like that. As was already mentioned: Billy Idol and Depeche Mode
well, when it comes to the 80's, nothing beats hair metal. Try out some Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Dokken, Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, Twisted Sister, Warrant, and Winger
Don't forget bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, The Ramones, and Deep Purple! These guys (and some others I may not have remembered to add), are some of the greatest 80's bands. I agree that Van Halen, Quiet Riot, and Twisted Sister were also good 80's bands, but some bands, like Motley Crue, were just terrible. No offense to Motley Crue fans, I just don't like them. Specific songs of these bands that were good are songs like "Can I Play With Madness" and "Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden, "Neon Knights" and "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath, pretty much any Ramones song, preferrably "The Blitzkrieg Bop", "Rockaway Beach", or "I Wanna Be Sedated", and, again, almost any Deep Purple song, but some of the more popular ones were "Smoke on the Water", "Highway Star", or "Knockin' at Your Back Door", one of their best songs. Sorry for the extended reply, but I just had to add those bands.
Party rock was a big part of the 80s - a genre which is woefully under-represented today, in my opinion. KISS started it (but they're crap, so who cares), and it was continued into the 80s. It's great music for dancing, drinking, and scoring to. Some great party-rock albums:

The Cars - Heartbeat City
Van Halen - 1984
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Europe - The Final Countdown
Aerosmith - Pump
Duran Duran - Rio
Kim Wilde - Kim Wilde
no
Quote by Metallica_Man55
Don't forget bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, The Ramones, and Deep Purple! These guys (and some others I may not have remembered to add), are some of the greatest 80's bands. I agree that Van Halen, Quiet Riot, and Twisted Sister were also good 80's bands, but some bands, like Motley Crue, were just terrible. No offense to Motley Crue fans, I just don't like them. Specific songs of these bands that were good are songs like "Can I Play With Madness" and "Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden, "Neon Knights" and "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath, pretty much any Ramones song, preferrably "The Blitzkrieg Bop", "Rockaway Beach", or "I Wanna Be Sedated", and, again, almost any Deep Purple song, but some of the more popular ones were "Smoke on the Water", "Highway Star", or "Knockin' at Your Back Door", one of their best songs. Sorry for the extended reply, but I just had to add those bands.

While those in bold are tremendous bands, they aren't 80's bands. Iron Man was released in 1970, a full ten years before the decade in question.

For 80's music, Van Halen were the Kings, Def Leppard are considered the shining example(they were an embodiment of a little of everything), Bon Jovi and Motley Crue were the most famous(Guns'n'Roses in the really late 80's), and Iron Maiden was probably the hardest rocking. Check out some AC/DC as well, although their best material is late 70's to very early 80's, and then some good stuff in the very late 80's. Quiet Riot(good "Heavy" Metal) and Hair metal such as Twisted Sister, Nitro, Mr. Big, Scorpions had some good stuff in the 80's, Dokken, Winger, and any other hair metal.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
^ A really solid glam-metal album (I own it) but it's released too late in the 80s to be part of the movement that defined the decade, imo. It came out in late January '89, when the glam metal movement was descending into the cheese that marked its early 90's death. It was their debut, so they can't really be part of the 80s glam movement.

On a side note, Dr. Feelgood is the last great glam metal album of the decade for me - September 89, great way to close off the decade and genre with a bang.
no
I'm getting into some Helloween lately.
Old stuff like Keeper of the Seven keys is really good, but even new stuff sounds MAJOR 80's (The song "Where the rain grows", which has the famous high-register voice vibrato, or "Forever and One", which sounds like the most stereotypically 80's sappy love ballad, it's great)

Oh, and Cinderella. Big Cinderella fan. Tom Keifer FTW (Don't Know What You Got Till Its Gone, great song)
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Last edited by AngilasGuy at Feb 6, 2007,
Rofl @ all the 70's bands being listed to define the 80's

Appearently some of you need a timeline
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
the B-52's exemplify the Eighties to me, they're just wierd and funny and really catchy. And some punk rock like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, the Misfits, Adolescents, Blitz