I was just wondering... does anybody else HATE the sound of a stratocaster, because i just cant stand listening to that thing most of the time.

*ready for the probable upcoming flaming*
i have a strat, it bores crap out of me. but hendrix played strat so i must be doing something wrong.
Well,I love the sound of heavily overdriven singlecoils(Deep Purple and ETC).
But the humbuckered SuperStrats are very good,love them so much.

I dont mind people disliking their sound/tone,but it's defenatly not a reason to on UG and post a thread about it.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I'd like to have one of those "bad sounding" stratocasters...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by olif8
Maybe you suck?

Nah, it's probably just cuz you're white

And Strats are amazing.

Actually,I suppose the quality of the products used(guitar,amp,efects etc) is different,and single coil charictaristis are very diffferent from humbucker(although if you give them a lot of gain and treble they sound pretty much the same).
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I dont think the sounds that bad, but the shape has become a cliche of the guitar world in my eyes

EDIT: that's not to say i don't like them
Last edited by Burpbelly at Jan 25, 2007,
Maybe you have a cheap strat. A lot of cheap strats tend to SUCK.

The only reason they're a cliched design is cos it's a good design. It's practical. I like it.

And humbucking superstrats are FOCKING AWESOME
and the lespaul, come what a peace of shite, lol just kidding, whats wrong with the strat shape? its built for comfort, thats was leo's idea
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
i own/play a strat myself and i use it for a couple styles of music just as a hobby. the sound it good, and i love the way it sounds with a fresh set of power slinkies. i plan on gettin a new guitar soon but its not because of the sound, its the look. the strat is (imo) the most copied body of a guitar out there and i love to be different...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
well what about the les paul? that shapes copied alot, and alot of people use them. i dont think shape should matter, aslong as your guitars sounds good, whats to worry about? unless its a Flying v or a dean ml, those are ****ing aweosme shapes
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
LOL. Nothing sounds like a strat. A strat is the most versatile guitar ever built. You can replicate almost every other electric guitar out there, except a semi-hollow.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Personally, I love the neck pickup, but the rest to me sound a bit bland. Its a good guitar I geuss. (tele ftw)
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass