just got an ibanez s470 dxqm tl and i was thinking off puttin some seymour duncans in, custom custom in the bridge and alnico pro 2 in the neck, just wandering if anyone could advice me as im not sure wether these are decent choices or not

cheers!!!
have sex, make peace
Depends on your amp and what sounds you want really.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have a marshall dfx half stack and i run the guitar through that into a VOX BULLDOG DISTOTION pedal, im after quite a raw distortion soun but decent cleans and smooth lead in the neck
have sex, make peace
To be honest a better amp will make more difference than pickups, you've picked a good combination but your amps not fantastic so you won't get the full benefit. They'll change the sound, but they won't necessarily improve it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i have an epi les paul with emgs and that sounds really nice, not overly amazing but pretty good, the pick ups in the ibanez just sound messy when distorted, i readsomewhere that the custom custom wasnt that good for raw distortion the invader pick up, but and that i should trybut ive never heard anyone that uses them.
have sex, make peace
* and i should try the invader pick up
have sex, make peace
Invaders are just muddy, they'll sound terrible in mahogany. Bear in mind that the distortion comes from the amp, not the pickups. All hotter pickups mean is that you'll get your amp to distort earlier, which is particularly useful with tube amps because you can get those "broken up" sounds at lower volumes. However, if the amp itself isn't capable of those sounds then pickups can't help you get it. The custom custom has a nice tone to it, but if you want something treblier then maybe the Duncan Distortion.

In terms of the smoothness in the neck, then yes, you can get a pickup with a wider harmonic response that means more overtones and a fuller sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc