Megadrive
40 38%
SNES
58 55%
I cannot choose!
7 7%
Voters: 105.
Page 1 of 2
Well, I took quite a chunk out of my savings for an X-Box 360 t'other day by purchasing myself both a Megadrive and a Snes, with a few games for £30 each. I used to have a megadrive which broke, but never owned a SNES. Now this thread may come down to pure nostalgia deciding the winner but what does everyone think? Personally, having being brought up on SEGA, I chose Megadrive :P:. Just such a shame they failed in the later generations .

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Megadrive ftw. Streets of Rage anybody? That game kicked serious ass.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
oh i prefer sega megadrive and that game with "comix action man" that i never had just had seen others guys playin' it....Well Beavis & Butthead was my favourite game on that machine..it is posible to find all emulators and game "cards" in p2p...
Don't you love how old systems were named?

Mega Drive
Super Nintendo
Master System

Naturally, I voted Mega Drive.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

SNES u bitches!

Zelda? Street Figher(s) the Original Sim city!!!

oh yea, that little plumber... whats his name? MARIO!

PSN ID: ArranP
Coulda just bought a decent modern console instead. Retro's all well and good but the new consoles are just....better.
The SNES have so many classic games; Chrono Trigger, Mega Man VIII (is that the right number?), Mortal Kombat II and many, many more. It's bitchin'.

I've never actually played a Megadrive, which may have affected my choice between the two. :P
I had a Mega Drive, it was the best Cartridge System, bar the N64 which is the greatest console ever.
What the hell is a Mega Drive?

SNES FTW.

Quote by Cal UK
*Blows the Nintendo fan boy whistle and awaits Sean and Smokey*

Ha, yeah.
Last edited by Leonheart at Jan 25, 2007,
Playing these things brings a tear to my eye and makes me want to not grow up even more.

megadrive FTW!!! streets of rage kicked ass!!
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Cal UK

DeSean isn't a true Nintendo fan boy, he was willing to give up his Wii for a bit of dope.

Nor is Smokey Amp, who doesn't even own a Wii.

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

oh my god i had completely forgotten about streets of rage. i used to love that game when i was about 6.

yeh megadrive though.
Megadrive! Still got mine upstairs....All the Sonic series (except 3D...that one sucked), Streets of Rage, a load of Marvel games, Toejam and Earl!!! and Comix Zone! I must have at least 50 games...

Mind you, Mario was awesome...and so was the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles Game!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by JamieB
DeSean isn't a true Nintendo fan boy, he was willing to give up his Wii for a bit of dope.

True however they both own Gamecubes, now that IS dedication
SNES, but only by a small margin. Both were great consoles with huge game libraries.
Quote by JamieB

Yeah, but I didn't, so fuck you. I voted SNES (naturally). I got one when I was 4, and my brother got a Megadrive. He is a Sega man, I am a Nintendo man. Look who came out on top .

EDIT: Nice avartar Cal. As afr as I know, I was the first person on UG to sport a Zelda avartar. *1-up fanboy points*
Megadrive never had Zelda! Or Harvest Moon, come to think of it.

But I haven't played a Megadrive. In fact, though I thought I knew all of the Sega systems, apparently I didn't. I'd never heard of the Megadrive.

And wasn't Streets of Rage on the SNES, too?

Either way, I vote the SNES, since I liked that better than every Sega system ever released(though the Dreamcast was pretty damn awesome).
Member #3 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.
Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Allstars, A Link To The Past, Unirally...

SNES FTW!
Quote by _Mayday_
Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Allstars, A Link To The Past, Unirally...

SNES FTW!

Mortal Kombat, Micro Machines turbo tournament 2, Gunstar Heroes, Toejam and Earl, Streets of Rage and of course we all know Sonic > Mario . . .

MEGADRIVE FTW!

Snes...because.....its a Snes.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Mortal Kombat was on the SNES as well.

But I forgot the most awesomest game of that time: Turtles... Lost... In... Time...

Yah, put that in your pipe and smoke it, it's got to be one of the absolute top games of that era!
I have had both but the GENESIS broke. Not megadrive dammit. The Genesis was annoying the cables at the back always got loose, and at one point it stopped working completely, but i loved playing streets of rage and sonic.

The snes on the other hand, is still working 'til this very day. ZELDA, MARIO, STREET FIGHTER, CRONO TRIGGER, MORTAL KOMBAT, FINAL FANTASY, MEGAMAN, SUPER DOUBLE DRAGON! FUCKIN PWNED
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Thanks for avatar love DeSean, I only played a SNES a few times, my uncle had one it was teh pwn.
Quote by Froddy
Mortal Kombat, Micro Machines turbo tournament 2, Gunstar Heroes, Toejam and Earl, Streets of Rage and of course we all know Sonic > Mario . . .

MEGADRIVE FTW!

You could get Mortal Kombat for the SNES. All those other games suck. Sonic only had a few good games, and all the Sonic games now are absolute wank. The Mario saga is still going strong.

ME FTW!
Shit, this takes me back. I'd have to say SNES overall. Streets of Rage did ****ing rock though.
Quote by _Mayday_
You could get Mortal Kombat for the SNES. All those other games suck. Sonic only had a few good games, and all the Sonic games now are absolute wank. The Mario saga is still going strong.

As you could get street fighters for the megadrive. And I think we all know how bad any 3D attempt at Sonic was, however IMO classic Sonic is much better than classic Mario.

Streets of rage, golden axe, sonic, street fighter... megadrive definatly.

Quote by Froddy
As you could get street fighters for the megadrive. And I think we all know how bad any 3D attempt at Sonic was, however IMO classic Sonic is much better than classic Mario.

Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Yoshi's Island are some of the best Mario games ever created. You're allowed to disagree with me, but you would be wrong.

Never played SNES, only NES. I was raised on Sega though so it's natural I choose that. I'm thinking about buying both consoles off eBay when I've saved up a bit of EMA though.
Quote by _Mayday_
Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Yoshi's Island are some of the best Mario games ever created. You're allowed to disagree with me, but you would be wrong.

I do not disagree with you, I think that Super Mario Bros. 3 is my 2nd favourite Mario just behind Mario 64, however I still prefer Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles and especially Sonic 1 for Master System.

Quote by Saintsatan
MD ftw. Mortal Kombat is the shit!

SNES had all of the early Mortal Kombat games, too.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
SNES, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2 and Starfox all kicked ass.

My father owned one, we used to sit on the floor int he front room arguing over who got to be player one. it was always my brother, he's always thought men to be more important. Asshole.

But yeah, I go with the SNES.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Page 1 of 2