hey guys, i have a westfield les paul copy and i was wondering if i would be able to stick a floyd rose bridge in there. obviously i spose id have to do a little routing (sp?) but is it actually possible to do it?

thanks

TM
yeah lots of LPs have that.
i personally think it is a waste of an LP
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
there IS a floyd rose that is a locking trem that requires no routing,
think its out of produtcion tho now
but you just put it on the normal bridge pins and it works like a normal locking trem
oh yeah thanks for bringing this up:

a mountable FR!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-

a mountable FR!

i think it's out of production now?
Quote by samuwel

SIDE NOTE
have you tried changing the pickups on the westfield? because i need help doing mine because the pots are dodgy

no though i am very much considering sticking some EMGs in there.. how was it dodgy?
the current wiring is nothing like any of the wiring diagrams on the internet.

and the lugs arent the same :-S

basically i have one working pickup at the moment
i actually have no idea if its out of production. i just saw the pic and decised to post it.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-

a mountable FR!

sweet! any linkages i can find it?

EDIT: and will that affect the effect it has?

anyone know if it would be possible to put the locking nut on an LP?
You can put a locking nut on. There's enough space, but you might need to cut a shallow cavity for it to get the strings to be the right height.

Also, Kahler make tremolos that only need top routing. They're expensive, but awesome and work well on les pauls.
mmm ok, thanks for your help so far guys!
but exactly what would i have to do to install a normal one? in the way of routing?
basically make a hole big enough for the floyd rose to fit in where your current bridge is. but it has to be in exactly the right place. basically you're probably best off getting a pro to do it for u
Hmm, that flush-mount FR seems to defeat the purpose of the floating trem design... I can't see how you'd be able to pull on the bar, which to me would rob the FR of its appeal.
Locking nuts aren't necessary.
As an alternative, a slippery nut (graphite) and locking tuners is also acceptable.
Hey, how about a Kahler trem?

http://www.kahlerusa.com/home.html

They're supposed to be reeeaally good. Look into them. The 2200 series is post-mounted and should work with carved tops. I can't guarantee you won't have to rout, though, because I honestly don't know, but they are adjustable in all sorts of ways (string spacing, string height, intonation), which is a major plus.