Listen, I understand some of you think that bands should not care about album sales and making money, but instead, they should worry about local bands and forget about being "popular". Theat's great and all but some bands and people have aspirations of being really famous and "the biggest band in the world". Which also means that to do that, when they get signed to a label they most likely plan on making music their CAREER. And like most people who have a job their goal in life is to make alot of money. The same goes for music since it is their job. Now I understand that some people say most bands who are famous and make alot of money are not good musicians and are only in it for the money, but that statement is clearly wrong. Take the Beatles for example, they strove for sucess and became the world's most famous musical group. In becoming that they made plenty of money along the way and still put out great music. The same goes for Led Zeppelin!

Another point is that bands make music so people can support them and help them achieve sucess along their musical career, not so people can steal their musical works and share them for free to people all over the internet and also sell "BOOTLEGS" to people all over the world!

So next time you say they shouldn't be making money consider the above!
I don't wish to pay any attention to any piece of writing that starts with the word "listen". That's just rude.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
The Beatles and Led Zeppelin suck.

jk

Well Led Zeppelin do

But if the music's good - who cares?
As long as the band never claimed to have any kind of agenda against major labels etc..
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
I like pop music. A lot of it sucks, but a lot of it is good, too.

My opinion probably isn't valid cos of my signature, but just cos the stuff that comes out of Britney Spears' face is crap doesn't mean that all of it is like that.
[quote="'~=====[:"]X[:]|}']Listen, I understand some of you think that bands should not care about album sales and making money, but instead, they should worry about local bands and forget about being "popular".

No, that's preposterous. You need money to record albums and make yourself known. Anyone who thinks that bands should not care at all about money is an idiot.

No, the idea is, that a band should not get carried away by fame and money and forget about making good music, which unfortunately is happening en masse in most of what you see on MTV. Music has become just another way to get rich, and music made only for money's sake is of poor quality and sounds like shit. That DOES NOT mean that a band should not care about money and live on air and rainwater.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I agree with the first guy... since you told me to listen, I'm probably not going to.

Nothing wrong with being a pop band, they make more money than most people will ever see.

/thread
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Personally, I can't see what the big deal is about pop bands making loads of money. If we are talking modern, manufactured pop bands, the people that actually write the songs write them to appeal to as many people as possible, therefore we should not be ashamed to like it, as we are all pawns.
To be honest, I only read the thread title.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
i hate when bands want to become the biggest band in the owrld or whatever cause hten they just do whatever they think would make them popular, you can still plan your music career, its a matter of whether or not they sell out their music style to be popular
i hate it when people complain about bands selling out when theyre really just jealous of the mass cash that theyre making...

/just saying
He thinks the Backstreet Boys and Green Day are equal to Zeppelin.
Quote by Rory's_strat
Everytime Greenday call themselves the biggest rock band, rock dies a little more.

Tip, get your head outta your arse.
Quote by Rory's_strat
Theres always one...

Well, unless you were being sarcastic, you were being a twat.
i hate green day, but i have nothing against their fans because everyone else hates them now, the ones i hate are the people who loved greenday untill they stopped being popular and now go around making fun of greenday fans. not talking about anyone specifically because idk who has done that or not, but i know a lot of people have
Quote by Zuka
He thinks the Backstreet Boys and Green Day are equal to Zeppelin.

In no way do I mean that. EVER!!!

I know there are "Pop" bands and such that are "produced" like Brooke Hogan, The Backstreet Boys and the likes. But I'm talking about the ones that aren't. The bands that actually Play and write their own music, those bands like Metallica, P.O.D,The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Linkin Park. Those are some good bands that people might like to hate because they are famous and found ways to make money in a career where people hardly ever make good money.
Quote by olif8
Yup.

You.

And sjada, not talking about anyone in particular? Not even, say, GreenDayChris?

Lol. I hope he was.
I went off Green Day way before American Idiot. To be fair though, I only put 'I don't like Green Day' in my sig afterwards.
But that was only cos every time I said owt, people would be like 'You like Green Day, what do you know'.

...idiots.
Quote by olif8
Yup.

You.

And sjada, not talking about anyone in particular? Not even, say, GreenDayChris?

o well then didnt notice that, i wasnt meaning to at the time
[quote="'~=====[:"]X[:]|}']In no way do I mean that. EVER!!!

I know there are "Pop" bands and such that are "produced" like Brooke Hogan, The Backstreet Boys and the likes. But I'm talking about the ones that aren't. The bands that actually Play and write their own music, those bands like Metallica, P.O.D,The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Linkin Park. Those are some good bands that people might like to hate because they are famous and found ways to make money in a career where people hardly ever make good money.

you mean mainstream bands

IMO P.O.D and linkin park suck flame me if you dare)
Quote by deluxity
you mean mainstream bands

IMO P.O.D and linkin park suck flame me if you dare)

Pfft

P.O.D. > Your measly little existence