Back in 1992 I bought a new Ibanez USA Custom from my local dealer. It was painted in 1989 and it has a picture of a truck driving up the side of a mountain and there is a road sign saying "falling rocks". It also has a sun setting in the background. The only thing I was able to find on it was, that it was possibly made on the East Coast.
Any ideas?
Thanks!!!
I have definately seen this exact thread before
wtf is this?
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by ledzep1023
I have definately seen this exact thread before
wtf is this?

Dude! I just join this site about a week ago!
Quote by guitarted
Well then you should know this is the wrong place to post this. You are an idiot. Leave.

Well MR. KNOW-IT-ALL!
If I can't ask about a guitar on a Guitar based Forum, then were do you go.
YOU SUCK.com!?
Warnings given.

Moved.

To the thread starter: Did you happen to stumble across a serial number on the guitar? That might help you if you make a call to Ibanez.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
Warnings given.

Moved.

To the thread starter: Did you happen to stumble across a serial number on the guitar? That might help you if you make a call to Ibanez.

I actually did. That was my first step. However I got an automated message and could not get in touch with a person. I was able to get a hold of a painter who worked for ibanez back then, thats where I found out it was made on the East Coast.
I'd like to see pics of it, if you don't mind.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
It's a USA custom guitar. Along with the rest of the series, it's a custom quality guitar at an affordable price. They're pretty sought after. They were more... how should I say? It's not that much about being a custom quality guitar (I know I'm being incoherent, you'll get it later), it's about being so customizable. You could choose finishes, pickups, woods, etc etc, and still keep it affordable.

Hold on to it.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Its an Ibanez USCG - "Roadsong" / "Falling Rocks"

"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Dude! That's my guitar but the head stock is not reversed!!!!
Thanks Man! Do you know where it was built?
Last edited by roxon at Jan 25, 2007,
Dude....its a custom RG, you pick your own neck, body route cavity, inlays, and headstock. Thats the main idea for the USCG, you can have em at whatever you want them, HSS/HSH/HH pickup (but no SSS). All the parts are from Hoshino Japan but assembled in the US.

There are 2 locations for the USCG lines but i think yours is from Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Try looking at the backplate on the neck joint, if its from California, it'd state the serial number and Case Ave. California. Made in 1988-99.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I was told there were 19 guitars with this paint, do you know if that is true?
I see there are 2 in your picture or did you make some mods to yours? and mine so we are up to 3 already.
well Ibanez headquarters is in Bensalem PA i believe. But i'm pretty sure thats just offices no shops. Or atleast it is now.

But i can't be sure i've never been there

But yeah your best bet is the serial number.
That isnt mine, just a pic

there's no telling how many were made with this paintjob, there's no certain list of the owners and Ibanez doesnt make them. To keep tracks of rares and uniques, dedicated Ibanez fans do them. For example the Ibanez JS10th or better known as the "Chromeboy", or the RG-ART.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks Everyone for the help! I have a good idea where to go from here.
Also sorry to all for losing my cool!!!!
Rock on!!