so yea i was reading the thread saying if you can play any solo in front of a crowd what would it be???

and i was thinking why dont you go learn the song and the solo and play it???

eventually you will play it...it just takes time, it might not take like a day or two maybe a month but when you finally know it and you play it you will be amazed at yourself

so to keep this from being a rant do you think that if you put your mind you can do/play anything even if its something like speed metal symphony by cacophony??

(not really speed metal symphony but anything that is difficult to play to you)
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Everyone is capable of achieving literally ANYTHING. The only difference, is the amount of time required. Some people will progress quicker, and some slower, but given an infinite amount of time, they would both reach the same point.
i think you actually have to have the skill, like if i can't play something i learn other stuff then come back to it in a couple of months
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
you couldn't give birth to a baby crocodile with a british accent even if you really wanted to.
so false. >: - V
maybe, i used to think anyone could do anything if they put their mind to it. But then I realised that everyones heads wired differently, and its actually only a few that can really focus with that level of intensity to achive that sort of extreme brilliance.
Anything is possible, there's nothing really stopping you if you want it bad enough.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Týr
you couldn't give birth to a baby crocodile with a british accent even if you really wanted to.

im talking about learning to play a song on guitar

(jackass)
Quote by DieGarbageMan

What a talented person.
within limits that is true
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by Def
maybe, i used to think anyone could do anything if they put their mind to it. But then I realised that everyones heads wired differently, and its actually only a few that can really focus with that level of intensity to achive that sort of extreme brilliance.

I agree. Even from an early age, it's apparent. That's what we're learning in our Psych class
Quote by mulletman500
False - what if you have no hands?

apperently you havent seen the guy that played with his feet
Quote by DieGarbageMan

What a talented person.
Well you won't be able to do everything (like impossible things like divide by zero), but you could achieve a lot if you put your mind to it.

Everyone can do anything that is physically possible, that's not an opinion, it's a fact! The only way though to accomplish something you are not able to do at the moment, is to focus on it hard and, the most important, BELIVE that you can do it.
Quote by Týr

What if you had sex with a british crocodile?

EDIT: And anyone can do anything that's physically/mentally possible for a human being to do. Just practice, and you will be able to do it eventually. In this case, practise with your guitar, and you WILL be like (or better than ) Satriani, or Vai, or whoever you admire.
Quote by CyAC
Everyone can do anything that is physically possible, that's not an opinion, it's a fact! The only way though to accomplish something you are not able to do at the moment, is to focus on it hard and, the most important, BELIVE that you can do it.

So if you stood on top of the Chrysler building, and you really, really wanted to fly, and you jumped off, you're saying that you'd sprout wings and soar away into the sunset?

I don't really like the phrase because it's an exaggeration to an extreme, and as a young boy, I do believe I say a movie with that line in it, and subsequently I jumped off my garage in hopes of flying
Funny words.
Last edited by I_Am_Iron_Man at Jan 25, 2007,
for the dude that says u cant divide by zero.. yes u can.. but its like calculus stuff, so im guessing u still like 14
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
i can divide by zero... it sucks... and my ears bleed afterwards... but it can be done
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
So if you stood on top of the Chrysler building, and you really, really wanted to fly, and you jumped off, you're saying that you'd sprout wings and soar away into the sunset?

I don't really like the phrase because it's an exaggeration to an extreme, and as a young boy, I do believe I say a movie with that line in it, and subsequently I jumped off my garage in hopes of flying

You are missing the point mate. As i said in my previous post everyone can do what is PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE to do. Flying is just not in human's nature. I don't think you really belived that I think I can fly
Quote by CyAC
You are missing the point mate. As i said in my previous post everyone can do what is PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE to do. Flying is just not in human's nature. I don't think you really belived that I think I can fly

For a bird, it is physically possible to fly

But yeah, i get your point
Funny words.
false....you have to have talent as well.....not everyone has talent.
Quote by the_experience
false....you have to have talent as well.....not everyone has talent.

ooh...talents an iffy word. It seems having "talent" or natural ability is to do with co-ordinating and thinking skills etc you develop as a kid. You can be better suited for your instrument by these sort of things. Also due to the way different peoples brains are wired can vary your ability to process music in your head. I recon looking at my progress the wider variety of sounds your exposed to, and the more you practise and stuff, the the more talanted you get though. That sort of talent can be gained. Just my 2 cents.
its not so much if you can put your mind to it, its wether you would be willing to give up life. i could shoot the the pope if i wanted to bad enough, i may die, but i could do it.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
I'm a firm believer that you can do anything if you put in enough effort.

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
That statement is false. You can't do something if you have neither the mental nor physical capacity to do it. Simple as that.