Page 1 of 2
Hey hey people of GG&A, first spam thread, never really bothered before but I'm bored.

So it started out by me going into Johnny Roadhouse, looking around at the pedals, no Deluxe Memory Man, the shirtless bastards.
So I thought "I've got time to waste, why not?" So I asked the guy if I could try a few pedals, which he replied "Yes", but didn't actually know what I was talking about, so I pointed out the pedals I wanted to try.

Uni-vibe (I think it was the Stereo Dunlop one)
Very nice pedal, very Hendrixy and worbly, and got mad with everything turned up full, niiiiiiiiiiice.

MXR Blue Box
I saw it there and wanted a go, so I did.
Firstly I realised it was a fuzz too, so I switched it on at the highest setting, big thick sound with 1 octave below, niiiiiice.
Then I decided to turn the knob a bit, turned it to the lowest setting, "Faaaart".
WOw, that was interesting, so I played a few riffs, all sounding like some big beefy gorilla fart, but in a good way.

Some guy on the other side of the room gave me a look saying "What the HELL?" and we both started laughing, and started talking.
But for the sake of comedy, I raped him.

Anyway, off to Sound Control I go, then I see an Orange Tiny Terror, I played it.

VERY nice amp, incredibly versitile for what it is, nice cleans, very nice overdrive, and I loved the 7/15 watt switch, I then asked for a wah (Clyde McCoy) to try with it, and it was pure bliss. I definately recommend this amp if you're after a classic British sound.

This Saturday I'll be going to "Sounds Great Music" for the first time, to try out some Roger Mayer fuzzes, woo!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I've been wanting to try that tiny terror for a while.

Uni-vibes seem pretty cool. I want a Moog 12 stage phaser. They seem to have a rotary-like setting from the clips.

Try a fuzz factory if you can. Those things are pretty nice. Good fuzz + strange noises pedal.
Can the blue box actually be used for anything, or is it just weird?

I want a univibe/rotovibe!
Quote by mr_hankey
Can the blue box actually be used for anything, or is it just weird?

I want a univibe/rotovibe!

Hmm, maybe if you play super-experimental music, I couldn't work out why you'd ever use it, but it's a wonderfully wierd pedal.

The Univibe was £170 though, ouch!

And yea, the Orange really is nice, I used an Orange 2x12 with it too.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Hmm, maybe if you play super-experimental music, I couldn't work out why you'd ever use it, but it's a wonderfully wierd pedal.

The Univibe was £170 though, ouch!

And yea, the Orange really is nice, I used an Orange 2x12 with it too.

The rotovibe is supposed to be 170 euro (big difference there), and you don't have to but a separate expression pedal. I'll have to find a shop which has it, so I can try it.
There was one in the first shop I was in, but I didn't try it out.

Is the Rotovibe suppost to be exactly like the Univibe?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
There was one in the first shop I was in, but I didn't try it out.

Is the Rotovibe suppost to be exactly like the Univibe?

Univibe = vibrato + chorus, right?

Rotovibe = vibrato + chorus.

They're both supposed to sound like a Leslie, AFAIK.

EDIT:

2000th POST!
I wished I would have made use of the stereo outputs now, one was for chrous, one for vibrato.... plugged into 2 amps that would have been sweet.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
I wished I would have made use of the stereo outputs now, one was for chrous, one for vibrato.... plugged into 2 amps that would have been sweet.

Plugging anything into two amps is sweet.

(Within reason, obviously)
Well, without reason, I don't think you could stick it into two amps at the same time
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Well, without reason, I don't think you could stick it into two amps at the same time

Stick 'it' in? What are you referring to here?
Erm...a pencil. Yes, a pencil, a big ejaculating pencil.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Erm...a pencil. Yes, a pencil, a big ejaculating pencil.

Quote by R_H_C_P
So it started out by me going into Johnny Roadhouse, looking around at the pedals, no Deluxe Memory Man, the shirtless bastards.
So I thought "I've got time to waste, why not?" So I asked the guy if I could try a few pedals, which he replied "Yes", but didn't actually know what I was talking about, so I pointed out the pedals I wanted to try.

Please tell me johnny roadhouse is a shop...

sounds great looks to be a good shop, judging by their website at least, they have a kickass selection of amps and gear in general.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, yes it is a shop.
Dirty bastard.

And the Sounds Great effects range is shockingly good.
Don't be afraid to care"

^ yeah. My major problem is it costs me more to get to these places than to take a chance to buy the damn things. Unless I'm going anyway (like I was to London a couple o' times).

And you mentioned rape first...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the blue box sounds fun...like a whammy, just for laughs as much as anything.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Interesting. I want to try out a Tiny Terror, but from the looks of it, I can't because over here in America, they don't sell that many Oranges.
Sent from my iPad.
i believe the Blue Box is two octaves below. It's a tricky pedal to use and make sound good
Quote by Gutch220
i believe the Blue Box is two octaves below. It's a tricky pedal to use and make sound good

I would totally buy one just to piss off the rest of my band.

"Hey Pete, solo!"
*Blue Box noise, something along the lines of 'blarnge'*
"AAAAHH! MAKE IT STOP!"

Heh heh heh.
Quote by cokeisbetter

"Hey Pete, solo!"
"AAAAHH! MAKE IT STOP!"

Heh heh heh.

Haha, that's a damn good description of it's sound, the look on everyone's faces was just classic when I was playing it, I was laughing every second I played it.
Don't be afraid to care"

R_C_H_P just a question, you from manchester? Because all the shops youve been to are all ones which ive been to in manchester :P

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Indeed

Where abouts are you in Manchester?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Indeed

Where abouts are you in Manchester?

Oldham, you ?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Sale, good ol' Sale.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Sale, good ol' Sale.

Ive been to sale a few times. Did you got to the salford Sound control ( the big one) Or the crap one in the city centre?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

The "crap" one.

I don't think it's TOO bad though, it's got a nice selection of Oranges, and a few nice Marshalls.
I've still not been to the Salford one, what's it like there then?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
The "crap" one.

I don't think it's TOO bad though, it's got a nice selection of Oranges, and a few nice Marshalls.
I've still not been to the Salford one, what's it like there then?

Alot bigger, It's a nice feeling when you walk in and compare it to the city one. They have alot more stuff. Just feels nicer to test there I'm presuming they have a bigger selection of guitars there. Just check it out sometime you'll never want to go back to the other again :P Its only down the motorway aswell xD

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Nice, I'll travel there one day, it'd be nice to see a bigger range than the usual stuff in the city centre one though.

Also while I was in Sound Control, I plugged the wah inputs and outputs the wrong way round, that was fun for about ten minutes, yet another time I got the reactions saying "What the hell is that noise?"
Niiice.
Don't be afraid to care"

I live near manchester too lol, does the whole world come from manchester?! Is Johnny Roadhouse any good? Im planning on going there sometime.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
It's alright there, not that many amazing amps, a few cool old ones at times, and quite a lot of EHX pedals to choose from and then a few boutique stuff like T.Rex, depends what you're after really.

They had an old Fender Bassman half stack when I went in there.
Don't be afraid to care"

wow theres a bassman half stack, I should go there before I make more threads on amp choices lol
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Indeed. That's why I mentioned it
Don't be afraid to care"

Good man, I must have made about 100 threads by now. , Sounds Great isnt that good for amps - theres always someone in there playing a stack when you wanna try something out grrrr
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Quote by cokeisbetter

"Hey Pete, solo!"
"AAAAHH! MAKE IT STOP!"

Heh heh heh.

Sigged!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Page 1 of 2