Poll: Who has the better Metal track?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who has the better Metal track?
Ryioku
8 25%
NovemberRain273
24 75%
Voters: 32.
We're doing this outside of the other duels since insideac is gone for a month or something. Ryioku just sent me a PM and challenged me.

EDIT:

OK the entries are done. Here they are:

Ryioku - Symphony of Thunder

Novemberrain273 - Revolution

There's a poll up there now, so vote. I want a good clean match, so vote fairly
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Jan 29, 2007,
How in the hell is Ryioku (or anyone for that matter) going to beat that?! That was amazing!
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Wow, that was great... My only suggestion would be to add some double kick to the drumming around 1:10.

Very nice work, it'll be tough to beat.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
novemberrain, it's official you are in fact god
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
This is amazing. Hope to get to this kind of level myself one day
Congratulations!
Okay, now that youre all done drooling over Novemberrain :P you can listen to mine...

Theres a few messups hear and there, but for the most part, played the whole thing, each part, in one go.

So... here we are.

www.myspace.com/kaisarin

"Symphony of Thunder"

Cheers
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
ALright I editted the post and added the poll. Good luck Ryioku

And good luck to you as well
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
its a shame i have to choose between these two songs. I found myself listening to one song to find a reason to vote for the other, but they were both uninteresting to my ear. Novemeberrain, your song was so repetitive at the start i found myself checking my watch. As for the other guy (ryiokuku) your composititon had some epic ness to it but its sloppy playing and very poor expression leave me wondering why you submitted it in a competition. Overall, novemberrain's was more bearable, so he gets my vote.
novermber rain...are you evuntually gonna put lyrics in this, or is this a straight instramental...

you freakin PWN'D
Alright, well it's over. Thanks for the votes guys, and thanks for a good contest Ryioku

Quote by ygokazuki
With better guitar tone, drum samples, and mixing.

adn he didn't, he should at least tune his guitar it could have been good. i can live with the not so good mixing, but out of tune instruments and he can't play it as cleanly too
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Ryioku, that song - if you wrote it - was good. However, your tone and tuning was terrible. If you fixed it I'm sure it would sound fantastic.

NovemberRain, it seems people on UG will go crazy over just about anything. Don't get me wrong, that was fantastic, but definitely not Godlike. Interesting harmonies, and the chord progs were nice. I like the part before the 4 minute mark. Good stuff.
^ Lol yea I know it was exaggerated alot. Thanks alot though!

Quote by Archaon
Ryioku, that song - if you wrote it - was good. However, your tone and tuning was terrible. If you fixed it I'm sure it would sound fantastic.

NovemberRain, it seems people on UG will go crazy over just about anything. Don't get me wrong, that was fantastic, but definitely not Godlike. Interesting harmonies, and the chord progs were nice. I like the part before the 4 minute mark. Good stuff.

Thanks... yeah that was all me. And yeah, I know my tone wasn't great... haha Marshall MG The tuning was actually 1 1/4 steps down.... a bit odd really, its sort of, you step down 1, and then step down half of a half step.

And again, thanks. I'm going to be re-recording it soon in just plain 1 step down.. haha I'm well aware it sounds a bit odd the way it is.
Letters to Zaya
Quote by Ryioku
Thanks... yeah that was all me. And yeah, I know my tone wasn't great... haha Marshall MG The tuning was actually 1 1/4 steps down.... a bit odd really, its sort of, you step down 1, and then step down half of a half step.

And again, thanks. I'm going to be re-recording it soon in just plain 1 step down.. haha I'm well aware it sounds a bit odd the way it is.

Right, I'm really into classical/neoclassical stuff so I was interested in hearing it. I think it's well composed, it's just the actual recording that needs work.