G'day

After watching Yngwie Malmsteen, I began to wonder what pop and rock songs would sound good arranged for a full size orchestra.

I found some Hendrix, but blues doesn't sound as harmonious when played on Violins...

I'd love to see some of Blink 182's songs performed this way. It wouldn't sound too bad, I think.

Does anyone know any YouTube links to this sort of stuff? Thanks in advance
ewwww

Thats just wrong
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
led zeppelin sounds good with orchestra

and i would love to hear black sabbath's song with orchestra
Our jazz band, is trying to play Jump On It - Sir Mix-O-Lot it sounded good in the movie drumline, but we need to find some music.
myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
Quote by BassistGal
ewwww

Thats just wrong

And you sigged me. HOW COULD YOU?

Some of us like Blink 182. I know I do. That's why I was asking. And it wouldn't sound so bad. It's a common chord progression, used a million times. If Pachelbel's Canon (in D) sounds good, then "What's my Age Again" will work too. It's pretty much the same chords, plus if you imagine the main riff being played by the violins it's actually not bad at all. Major scale melodies always sound good with violins.
A philharmonic orchestra here did a load of them - the one I've heard being Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers). It sounds amazing!

And S&M is one hell of an album. In my opinion, some of the songs sound better with the orchestra, mainy cause it just suits it, and James' voice is better (The Memory Remains and Fuel).
Last edited by TheShadow at Jan 25, 2007,
well, i know that there are some orchestra tributes to:
sum 41
system of a down
coheed and cambria
and probably a bunch others
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
Quote by sashki
And you sigged me. HOW COULD YOU?

Some of us like Blink 182. I know I do. That's why I was asking. And it wouldn't sound so bad. It's a common chord progression, used a million times. If Pachelbel's Canon (in D) sounds good, then "What's my Age Again" will work too. It's pretty much the same chords, plus if you imagine the main riff being played by the violins it's actually not bad at all. Major scale melodies always sound good with violins.

I dont really like Blink, but they can be a fun band if their are in the background when you're with some friends or something.
But making an whole orchestra play something like 'Im feeling This'?
Their are some songs (And Bands) that just shouldnt be played in such of a large arrangement.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by ripbarney12
well, i know that there are some orchestra tributes to:
sum 41
system of a down
coheed and cambria
and probably a bunch others

coheed and cambria would be awesome too
By the way, I've once heard a group of 30 Ukelele players play Smells Like Teen Spirit, that was awesome.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by schecter_guy
i like blink-182, but their music is too simple for a full-blown orchestra.

Depends on how you arrange it. You can really expand it and make it polyphonic.

Quote by BassistGal
By the way, I've once heard a group of 30 Ukelele players play Smells Like Teen Spirit, that was awesome.

Seen that, too. The singer was wierd, but they were awesome overall.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VXVdNKciP94
Quote by TheShadow
A philharmonic orchestra here did a load of them - the one I've heard being Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers). It sounds amazing!

And S&M is one hell of an album. In my opinion, some of the songs sound better with the orchestra, mainy cause it just suits it, and James' voice is better (The Memory Remains and Fuel).

damn right