Obviously the music industry is one of the hardest to break into these days, and so it's a given that pretty much everyone on here will have a "stable" job (considering you're over say, 20)

So I'm curious, how many people on here actually play music for a living? Or teach guitar, or work in a guitar shop. It's something that I want to do in my life more than anything, and at 15 I feel i've come quite a way and I have a lot to learn, but I'm realistic in the knowledge that it may never happen for me, but has it happened for you?
Funny words.
Im 16, Me and my friends are in a band. I dont mean to toot my own horn but where pretty damn good. When we leave school we hope to be able to work on the band almost fucll time.

P.S i dont have a job.
Guitar is my entire living. I teach, perform, and repair. There isn't much money in it, but I have the greatest jobs in the world.
Quote by ZootCst
Guitar is my entire living. I teach, perform, and repair. There isn't much money in it, but I have the greatest jobs in the world.

It's awesome you're doing something you love
Funny words.
You can do anything, as long as you WANT it. The key to it is, you've gotta set goals for yourself and then achieve them. If you want to make music for a living, then figure out what you need to do to get there, and then start going.
I plan on being a composer. Focusing on just the guitar as a career might be fulfilling if you really love the instrument, but I plan on having a few kids to support

So working with music in general would be an awesome job, maybe an audio engineer/composer.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm working on interning at a label/studio. Hopefully it spawns a future haha.
^