im kinda stuck at that point in between being a shredder, and being a powerchord idiot. and so im looking for some good practice shredding songs, neoclassical or melodic if possible
Current equipment:
Ibanez GSA60
Crate XT15R
Line 6 Podxt Live
EBow
And thats it
Quote by imjlotherealone
im kinda stuck at that point in between being a shredder, and being a powerchord idiot. and so im looking for some good practice shredding songs, neoclassical or melodic if possible

no?
Current equipment:
Ibanez GSA60
Crate XT15R
Line 6 Podxt Live
EBow
And thats it
hahaha easy shred songs......if its easy shred chances are it isnt shred
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
I could've sworn there was a forum somewhere that dealt with shred music...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by rockstar mace
hahaha easy shred songs......if its easy shred chances are it isnt shred

well not THAT easy.. i just dont mean like Far Beyond the Sun fast. i can manage relatively slower songs like blitzkrieg, but it sounds like crap. the song itself i mean, not me.
Current equipment:
Ibanez GSA60
Crate XT15R
Line 6 Podxt Live
EBow
And thats it
Yngwie Malmsteen's Vengeance isn't hard compared to his other stuff. Try the first parts to Far Beyond The Sun aswell. And, Symphony X's Inferno and Sea of Lies.
Quote by Superpartydude5
yeah, far beyond the sun really isnt too terribly hard in the beginning, and it's quite fun to play.

yea, that was the song i was just playing before i felt the need to post up this thread.
i can get through most of it, but theres just thsoe sections with three -four rapid pulloffs a string.
Current equipment:
Ibanez GSA60
Crate XT15R
Line 6 Podxt Live
EBow
And thats it
For the Love of God, isn't too bad, there are parts that are really hard, but for the most part, it's just patience.
Try Sea of Lies by Symphony X

It's not as hard as it sounds.
- Musician search network, online music community, forums, articles, and more.