Ive psoted many times to try and find the best quailty guitar for my style (been the In flames, SOAD, Soil, slipknot feel). I came to 2 manufactorers. One been Jackson, and the other been ibanez.

Now, I have looked at the range of both companies. And from starting guitar I have always liked Flying Vs and the Ice man. So which is the best company for my style?
Guitars:
Vintage Wraith
Aire

Amp:
Shit
How about ESP? And both Ibanez and Jackson are pretty much 80's shred to me since both brands were heavely used in the 80's.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
you like nu-metal, get the ibanez. let it be known though i prefer jacksons, but i dont play nu metal.
I have a similar music style as you. Honestly you can't go wrong with Jackson nor Ibanez, they both make quality guitars.

What is your budget? I find on higher end models, the Ibanez Prestige guitars are better in terms of tone & feel. Just feels really well built. I'm not too fond of low end Ibanez models though (anything lower than $400). Jackson seems to have pretty good starter guitars.
- Musician search network, online music community, forums, articles, and more.
How about not looking from the era they came from, and instead looking at the actual guitar?

Anyways, Ibanez, hands down. And I'd take the Pepsi Challenge with that shit.
Ibanez! (even though i like Jacksons more)
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Cheap jacksons aren't good.

MIDDLE CLASS Jacksons are FOCKING AMAZING! <---- (I've said that about 5 times today)
After the not-so-recent upgrade, they now have real duncan and active EMG pickups on middle class models. So why not?
esp & jackson are on par for high end quality IMO
ibanez i think are better suited for a lower price range (under 2,000)

they both have diff. styles though, so check them out.
ibanez have basswood bodys for the most part
where as jacksons have alder for most (select series atlest)

ibanez & jack. diff alot in the neck ... so that should be a deciding factor
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I love my Jackson RR3 for lead type of stuff. I have a Ibanez S 520EX for more rythm and nu metal (it's made of mahogany so it's a lot deeper heavier sounding). If I had to get rid of one I'd have to say the Ibanez would go , don't get me wrong it's an awesome solid guitar but the RR3 just feels awesome to play. Plus the edges are so sharp they look like they could kill someone.

It also helped that I dropped a OFR into the RR3 too. Play both and see what feels good to you. I play classical position so the RR3 was no biggie to sit with but if your not used to classical position it might be really uncomfortable to sit with.
Jackson lost my business when they decided to put that terrible JT580 LFR on all of their guitars, both high and low priced. I mean, come on.
my friend.

The Jackson King V pwns every Ibanez and everyother jackson guitar. I swear to you..
Get the ice man. Daron Malakian uses a iceman. Ibanez are more shred guitars for me.
jackson paintjobs are better but ibanez look better imo(maverick are the best though). crimson swirl is wonderful.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I would go with an ESP/LTD. Their v's are much nicer imo.
Quote by sashki
Why did you buy a Kelly, then?

I prefere the style of the kelly thats why.
i have looked at the Jackson X series.... Very impressed. But from the bands and feedback Ive heard Ibanez are very very good. And im looking at around 150-300
Guitars:
Vintage Wraith
Aire

Amp:
Shit
You say you have a shit amp, yet you want to good guitar? You really should buy an amp first!
Don't get a Jackson then. Unless you're willing to spend more money, you won't get a quality Jackson.
I only use it when I'm at home. When im at practice or gigging I use a really good one. I dont know what model and the 300 quid jacksons are sound apperntly XD, X series...
Guitars:
Vintage Wraith
Aire

Amp:
Shit
Quote by mr.joopy987
Don't get a Jackson then. Unless you're willing to spend more money, you won't get a quality Jackson.

that's the same with an ibanez
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
that's the same with an ibanez

Its the same with any guitar, I'm smart enough to know that
Guitars:
Vintage Wraith
Aire

Amp:
Shit
depending on price ...
if you have enough money to get a pro series/MG series jackson go for it ...
if not ... i think ibanez would hold betetr quality
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Perfect Man!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Ibanez is the best!!!!!!!!!!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Man, unless your a beginner there is no point is just blowing money on a guitar like that. Save up and get a good one. Cause once you have that guitar your just gonna think shit, I could have put that money towards *good guitar*
I'd go with the new Ibanez V myself, you may also want to look into the newer BC Riches, they haven't come up with pricing yet but they seem to be very high quality, between Rockfield pickups/real EMG's, Nato on almost everything (pretty good tonewood IMO), and OFR's.

Also, if you can afford it...

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=4&TempID=5&STRID=213722&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=4&SearchPhrase=bc+rich&Contains=%2Abc%2A+AND+%2Arich%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Jan 25, 2007,
Right now I've got my jackson SLSMG in my lap..
and my Ibanez S2170 on the stand...

The neck/feel of the ibanez is a little bit nicer.. except for the upper fret access, which is good, but inferior to the Neck-Thru Soloist.

On the whole though, the Soloist sounds nicer.

I wouldn't get a Jackson with an LFR though.. only a hardtail/string thru (like the SLSMG, and there is a dinky that has string-thru as well) or a nice Select Series with an OFR.. actually my next guitar, after an amp upgrade, is an SL1

also: I'd never touch an RG. Basswood is a horrible tonewood IMO, it really only sounds good when you have insane equipment... and even then its inferior to Alder or Mahogany.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Last edited by Striketalonx at Jan 25, 2007,
The Ibanez S series apparently has a tremolo nothing short of Incredible.
Herman li uses them...
Im getting a Quilt top 470 sometime soon, I cant wait to have that ZR tremolo, (Dont own any tremolo guitars)
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
man i really perfer ibanez i have three all ready and i love them but 2 of them are like early -mid 80's so i really dont know much about the new ones try 2 find and old for cheap
#4 of fender armada WOOTWOOT
Quote by False_God
You say you have a shit amp, yet you want to good guitar? You really should buy an amp first!

+1

but when you do get a 2nd hand jackson and an ibanez for cheap cheapness these days. i paid a grand for a kelly 10 yrs ago but its now going for 200 bucks
Hey u noe what i was asking about that same question about a month ago, but i decided that Ibanez Prestige was the right guitar for me, it has amazing feel and sounds amazing.

Gear=
Ibanez Prestige 2550E
Line 6 Spider 3 150w
Zoom G7.1UT Multi Effects Console
Ibanez S's are nice, if they had 24 frets I would have bought one. They don't though so I bought an LTD MH-400 instead, i'm very happy with it (LFR is of high qaulity). Maybe check into that?
I have an S520EX and i like it a lot. ZR trem system is great. neck is fast and feel is awesome. I love the look also. like someone mentioned above, only 22 frets, so if you need 24 you may wanna look elsewhere.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
as much as i hate liking such a "modern" guitar company, i am somewhat of a sucker for a nice ibanez. they are exremely versitale guitars. and the seem to have a rather neutral tone, and what i mean by that is its not too "gibsony" and its not too "fendery". in addition to this they respond very well to any type of effects.
the only cool thing about jacksons are their weird headstock.

ibanez is the best.